Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

s5520hc psu and beep signal 1-5-4-4

ttsoj
Novice

Hello!

I recently bought an used s5520hc mainboard. I tried to boot it with a 600w psu that is actually for desktopcomputers. It has only one 4-pin connector for the first cpu instead of two eight-pin connector for both cpu's. I just wanted to check if the board could boot. After a few seconds there was this beep signal: 1-5-4-4 ("Power good assertion timeout - Power unit sensors report soft power control failure offset."). Now my question is whether it is more likely that the board is bad (I read about some issues in some forums [http://www.overclock.net/t/1005361/intel-s5520hc-and-sr5650brp ]Intel S5520HC and SR5650BRP]) or the problem can be solved by buying a sc5600 chassis with powersupplies (750w).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We regret to inform that the Intel Server Board S5520HC is currently in End of Interactive Support (EOIS). This means that Intel no longer provides interactive support for this service via telephone, e-mail, chat, or other tools. Technical articles will continue to be available on the Intel Support website.

Definitely, somehow the system has been losing power. I would like to recommend to use PSUs that were validated with the server board.

Please check this documentation:faugub_intel # iwork4intel

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We regret to inform that the Intel Server Board S5520HC is currently in End of Interactive Support (EOIS). This means that Intel no longer provides interactive support for this service via telephone, e-mail, chat, or other tools. Technical articles will continue to be available on the Intel Support website.

Definitely, somehow the system has been losing power. I would like to recommend to use PSUs that were validated with the server board.

Please check this documentation:faugub_intel # iwork4intel