Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

server 2600cp2 is not starting

JHaro2
Beginner

Hi,

I have brand new intel rack mounted server model 2600cp2.when i start it gives me three beeps and amber light on front panel.And show nothing on LCD/monitor.

I have changed it RAM,Processor with same other Both are working with other server.Its mean there is no issue with RAM and processor.Even i cahnge it motherboard cell battery but didn't get any success.

Please help me out where is issue.I think there is some problem is motherbaord???

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Three long beeps means memory related error. What kind of memory are you using? Check http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-033388.htm Memory and Hardware Compatibility.

0 Kudos
JHaro2
Beginner

Hi Edwardzh,

Thanks for help

I am using the kingston RAM SKU (KVR13E9/81).I have checked it from hardware compatibility list it is End of life.IT will not work???

Please send me the Hardware compatibility list of server S1200V3RPM.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

EOL just means it's no longer in production. It is still compatible.

When you say three beeps, are they long beeps or short beeps? Did you check the status of the POST diag LEDs status?

0 Kudos
JHaro2
Beginner

Hi,

3 shorts beep.

Post status LEDs are POST Progress Code is 4Fh

Please send me the Hardware compatibility list of server S1200V3RPM.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Short beeps is not memory error. What kind of CPU are you using, and what's the PBA# of your board?

For hardware compatibility list of S1200V3RPM, see here: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-034302.htm Memory and Hardware Compatibility

0 Kudos
JHaro2
Beginner

Hi,

My Board number is S1200V3RP and PBA# is G62254-405.

CPU is V31200

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I thought we were talking about a S2600CP2 board...

0 Kudos
JHaro2
Beginner

Sorry Edwardzh,

I entered the server model wrong.Actual number is below.

My Board number is S1200V3RP and PBA# is G62254-405.

CPU is V31200

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Then your memory is not compatible with S1200V3RP. S1200V3RP requires low voltage memory (1.35V).

Regards,

Edward

0 Kudos
JHaro2
Beginner

Okay But i have checked following low voltage RAM.

MT18ksfig72AZ-1g6e1ze (Micron) its voltage is 1.3 it also not working

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Which processor exactly are you using? And which display port are you using? Display Port or VGA?

0 Kudos
JHaro2
Beginner

Hi

processor is 1230-v3 and i am using VGA for display

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
JHaro2
Beginner

Hi

You mean problem in its motherboard.Can you please tell me the actual reason because its my client server he is asking for exact problem??

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

It's one of the steps to isolate the problem. Since you confirmed both CPU and memory work on another board, then it's likely the board is the cause. But I sorry can't tell you why the board failed.

0 Kudos