Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

ss4000e not keeping raid configuration.

pr5
Beginner

hello,

I have old SS4000-e NAS with four ES.2 disks and few days ago I have lost admin access - I have not changed my old password, but I couldn't login due to bad password.

I have restarted device by pushing reset button. After this I have been moved to an initialize site where I have configured raid. ANd from this time, and initializing process completed I have problem:

1. LAN [1port] leds is solid and blinking, hdd led is orange and blinking, system led is solid green,power led is solid green- system did not respond on any way - ssh, telnet, nfs. I have response on pings. On the http I have creator which when I finalize I have to make it from the beggining.

I have green solid leds on each drive.

Please let me know what should I do. I have copied data.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pr5
Beginner

I have fs-bc - 1.4-b710 firmware

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

pawel,

Pressing the "Reset" button for three seconds reverts the unit to system defaults. This reset reboots the system and resets the Ethernet ports to default values (DHCP client) and the Administrator password to default values. If your network does not have a DHCP server or if the storage system is directly attached to your computer, the default IP address and subnet mask are used. The default IP address is 192.168.0.101 for NIC 1, and the default subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

Have you tried to log in to the Storage Manager with your browser?

At the Storage Manager, enter the administrator user name and password. With the reset, the login will be set to defaults. The default user name is admin, and the default password is storage. These are case sensitive.

Initializing the system creates a new RAID volume and would have deleted any existing data.

For the NIC LEDs, continuous green indicates an active Ethernet connection. Off indicates no active Ethernet connection. Blinking green indicates Ethernet activity.

For the Disk Drive Activity Light Pipe LED, continuous green indicates the drive is available. Blinking green indicates drive activity Continuous amber indicates a fault condition possibly requiring the drive to be replaced. Blinking amber indicates the drive is currently rebuilding RAID. The RAID rebuild can take quite some time, maybe a day or so.

For the System Status LED, continuous green indicates system is running and operating normally.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
pr5
Beginner

Hello John,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I have the problems all the time. Currently I have only two disk [or one - tested another conf meantime ] plugged in in upper bays and when I have reseted device as John mentioned:

Disk led is oragne and blinking

System status led is orange and is solid

power led is green, solid.

I can find the device by the storage system console. Device got IP configuration from my dhcp server. But when I try to configure raid and IP adresses, time I can finish the wizard but after this nothing happen. There is only white page. When I put IP adress again to the adress bar I am getting configuration wizard again.

MAybe should I try any firmware recovery? By tftp?

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try booting your SS4000 with no hard drives installed. Open the storage system console using your browser. You should be at the System Initialization screen with a blank table of disks. Plug in the disks into the SS4000-E one at a time. Wait for each LED on the disk drive carrier to light up (LED should be solid green). Press the "Scan" selection on the system initialization screen after each insertion. Each inserted disk should appear in the list.

After all the disks are inserted and show on the system initialization screen, select "Start" to proceed with the initialization.

As noted earlier the initialization can take quite some time. Wait until all status LEDs turn green.

See how your SS4000 functions. If it still doesn't work correctly, you may have experienced a failure.

John

0 Kudos