Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

updating network driver through IE9

idata
Employee

running window vista internet explorer 9 since i have upgraded to internet explorer 9 , now when i want to update my network wireless driver through the intel driver update utility it doesnt show me the result and it causes the internet explorer to stop working which states that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly... i never had this problem with IE 8 any solution as to why and what could be done

thank you

allure

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

I Had The Same Problem Which I Solved By Going To Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Accelerated Graphics & Put A Check In The Use Software Rendering Instead Of GPU Rendering* Box. (I Have A Nvidia Video Card (GPU) And It's Works Perfect With Or Without The Box Checked Onboard Intel Video I Have To Check The Box When Checking For Intel Updates) Hope This Helps Good Luck!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thank you Al... it worked , been waiting for a solution thank you again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

just a follow up... after i have ran the intel driver update utility it found a newer version update for my wireless networking , so i went ahead and updated it then i ran again the update driver utility after a restart , it found the same new version that i have updated already? any idea as to what it means? usually when you do the update it should not come again ?

thank you

allure

0 Kudos