Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

1366x768 with Intel 945GM on Panasonic TH-42PZ80?

genghiskhan
Beginner
Hi,

I'm using a Toshiba NB205 netbook connecting via vga to my Panasonic TH-42PZ80 Plasma TV and trying to get it to run in 1366 (or thereabouts) x768. The problem is I can't seem to find any modeline information for this TV. The closest I've come is at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/317187 but when I tried their settings, the image appears but is faded and very glitchy especially when windows/mouse pointers are touching the left border of the screen. I assume that's because the modeline info is wrong--any ideas on what I should do? I can't generate any EDID data from the TV either with Intel's system info, powertools, or moninfo.

Many thanks in advance and if whomever solves my problem visits Beijing I'll be happy to treat you to a beer
0 Kudos
1 Reply
genghiskhan
Beginner
Quoting - genghiskhan
Hi,

I'm using a Toshiba NB205 netbook connecting via vga to my Panasonic TH-42PZ80 Plasma TV and trying to get it to run in 1366 (or thereabouts) x768. The problem is I can't seem to find any modeline information for this TV. The closest I've come is at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/317187 but when I tried their settings, the image appears but is faded and very glitchy especially when windows/mouse pointers are touching the left border of the screen. I assume that's because the modeline info is wrong--any ideas on what I should do? I can't generate any EDID data from the TV either with Intel's system info, powertools, or moninfo.

Many thanks in advance and if whomever solves my problem visits Beijing I'll be happy to treat you to a beer

Nevermind, I figured out I just needed to keep hsync - not +. For the rest of the numbers I just used this modeline calculator to figure out the necessary figures. I plugged in 1368 768 and 60.04hz, and didn't check any of the options.
0 Kudos