Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

3922 (win 8.1) - Payload too large

Giorgio_B_
Beginner

When i press the button to create the package, the response is "HTTP Error: Payload Too Large (413)"

Please help, i can't build!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Giorgio_B_1
Beginner

the package creation of the same project on OSX Sierra will return this message

Note that with the deprecated builder the build is OK but the app does not work because the index.html is not loaded.

Two weeks ago everything worked perfectly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You image is so small it's impossible to read the error message. Could you copy the error message and paste it here? Also, are you getting this error when you are trying to build with our builders or exporting with the "Cordova Build Package" tool? Please clarify.

0 Kudos
Giorgio_B_1
Beginner

here is the image in an higher resolution

The error occurs when i use the "Cordova Build Package" tool.

The text is:

Unexpected component failure during service call (maybe crash): Cannot read file node_modules/core-js/fn/string/virtual/small.js: ERROR: Could not read file: /Users/gbeggiora/scientificast/node_modules/core-js/fn/string/virtual/small.js Error at ServiceError.ComponentError (/private/var/folders/y7/8t045lbn73n2t9wpycfr2mbm0000gr/T/AppTranslocation/272B04C3-1BEC-492C-9F3E-571C97AED731/d/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/public/component-error.js:17:1122) at new ServiceError (/private/var/folders/y7/8t045lbn73n2t9wpycfr2mbm0000gr/T/AppTranslocation/272B04C3-1BEC-492C-9F3E-571C97AED731/d/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/public/service-error.js:17:317) at ReadFileContext.callback (/private/var/folders/y7/8t045lbn73n2t9wpycfr2mbm0000gr/T/AppTranslocation/272B04C3-1BEC-492C-9F3E-571C97AED731/d/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/components/server/userfs/implementations/localfs/localfs.js:17:316) at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterOpen [as oncomplete] (fs.js:358:13)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Giorgio_B_1
Beginner

Note on the project: i'm using Gulp to watch files in "src" folder and build them in the "www" folder and i'm using another editor to write code, so the folder structure is the following one:

/
/node_modules
/plugins
/src
/src/js/
/src/scss/
/src/tpl/
/www
/www/bower_components/
/www/css/
/www/images/
/www/js/
/www/vendor/
/www/xdk/

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thank you for the last post, that is useful information. You can edit outside the XDK, using another editor, so that is not an issue. However, your /node_modules and /src folders are being included in the package that the Cordova/PhoneGap export tool is creating for use with PhoneGap Build and Cordova CLI. I'm betting those are the reason you're getting that error message.

Are you able to organize your gulp process so those folders are outside of the project? That way they won't be picked up by the export tool when it tries to create a package.

0 Kudos
Giorgio_B_1
Beginner

I reorganized the folder structure and the gulp file

/
/node_modules
/src
/src/js/
/src/scss/
/src/tpl/
/xdk/plugins
/xdk/www
/xdk/www/bower_components/
/xdk/www/css/
/xdk/www/images/
/xdk/www/js/
/xdk/www/vendor/
/xdk/www/xdk/

Now I'm able to create the package.

There's another little issue: the package's file is created without the extension (there is not ".zip" at the end of the file name). However, the package tool now works.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That's odd that you are not seeing the ZIP extension. I wonder if there are some spaces in the path leading up to your project folder (that is, in the full absolute pathname of your project)? If so, that is a bug in the export tool.

0 Kudos
Giorgio_B_1
Beginner

The XDK project's folder is:

/Users/gbeggiora/scientificast/xdk/

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nothing unusual about that path. :( Not sure what would be causing loss of the ZIP file extension on the export... Keep me posted if you see something else unusual, might help to figure out the issue.

0 Kudos
Giorgio_B_1
Beginner

of course :)

0 Kudos
Giorgio_B_1
Beginner

Note that for me the ".zip" is present in Windows but not in Mac

0 Kudos