Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

A license for FCompW is not available now (-15,10,10061)

David_V_2
Beginner

I am running an Intel Visual Fortran Compiler (version 10.1.013) with Aspen Plus.  My company used to use a network license, but they recently switched to individual licenses and took the network license off-line.  Now I am not able to run simulations that need to compile OBJ subroutines, and I am also not able to compile subroutines in the Simulation Engine.

The error that I continue to get is:

Error: A license for FCompW is not available now (-15,10,10061).

A connection to the license server could not be made.  You should make sure that your license daemon process is running: both an lmgrd.intel.exe process and an INTEL.exe process should be running if your license limits you to a specified number of licenses in use at a time.  Also, check to see if the wrong port@host or the wrong license file is being used, or if the port or host name in the license file has changed.
License file(s) were used (in this order):

1.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\XXXXXXX.lic

2.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Hyprotech\shared\vendorkey.lic

Please visit http://support.Intel.com/support/performancetools/support.htm if you require technical assistance.

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license
Error in compiling preprocessed file: Check compile.log

The log file shows (when running the function "aspcomp"):

ASPCOMP: Warning!  Intel Fortran compiler ifort.exe not found in %PATH% 

ASPCOMP: Warning! Microsoft C runtime library msvcrt.lib not found in %LIB% 

ASPCOMP: Warning! Microsoft C runtime library is needed for Dynamic Linking. 

ASPCOMP: Warning!  Intel Fortran runtime library libifcoremd.lib not found in %LIB% 

ASPCOMP: Warning!  Intel Fortran runtime library is needed for Dynamic Linking. 

ifort.exe /nologo /c     -DAWINNTN -DWIN32 -I. "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\AspenTech\AprSystem V8.0\Engine\commons" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\AspenTech\Aspen Plus V8.0\Engine\commons"      /fpp /Qsave /iface:cvf /MD -object:"XXX.obj" "XXX.f"

'ifort.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

'ifort.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have checked through my files that were placed/modified during setup, and everything seems good.  The license file is exactly where it should be (and where the error message is referencing).  Is there something that I'm missing?  Does anyone have experience with this issue?  In browsing the forums, it looks like this error number can have multiple problems sources.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have a floating license and the compiler was unable to connect to the license server, as the error message says. A floating license requires installation of the license server software (we provide it for many different platforms) and configuration of the license there. You can't just take a license file for a floating license and treat it as if it were a named-user license.

The license file on your client system needs to have a SERVER line that has the host name of the license server (it could be your same system if you installed the server software on that system.) 

I am going to move this thread to our licensing forum where experts there can help you further.

0 Kudos
David_V_2
Beginner

I do see a SERVER line in my license file.  It reads as:

SERVER brtap### XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX

This seems like more characters than needed to describe my computer name on the company network.  my computer name starts with "brt" so I inserted my full computer name after "SERVER".  It still is not working.  The paragraph that starts with "A connection to the license server could not be made" in the error message did not appear after making this change, though.  Any tips or pointers?

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

David,

You said your company switched to named-user licenses. The error inidcates that you still run the floating license on your client machine. So you need to replace your license file located in (default)
c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\
by the named-user license. Do you know the serial numbers of the named-user licenses which replaced your floating license? If yes, please reply by using the "Send Author A Message" linke.

Regards,
Hubert.

0 Kudos
Adegbola_B_
Beginner

I downloaded the trial version of Intel Parallel studio 2017 and I am running an Intel Visual FORTRAN compiler with ASPEN Plus V9. I tried to Compile the FORTRAN program in Customize ASPEN Plus V9  and I had the error message shown below. I have checked my files and everything looks good. Please, What is/are the cause(s) of this error?

ASPCOMP: Warning!  Intel Fortran compiler ifort.exe not found in %PATH%   
ASPCOMP: Warning! Microsoft C runtime library msvcrt.lib not found in %LIB%   
ASPCOMP: Warning! Microsoft C runtime library is needed for Dynamic Linking.   
ASPCOMP: Warning!  Intel Fortran runtime library libifcoremd.lib not found in %LIB%   
ASPCOMP: Warning!  Intel Fortran runtime library is needed for Dynamic Linking.   
ifort.exe /nologo /c     -DAWINNTN -DWIN32 -I. "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\AspenTech\AprSystem V9.0\Engine\commons" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\AspenTech\Aspen Plus V9.0\Engine\commons"      /fpp /Qsave /iface:cvf /MD -object:"yield3.obj" "yield3.f" 
'ifort.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

'ifort.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

What is your enviornment? Do you run your build from Windows command line? If yes, did you execute the enviornment batch file

<installdir>\compilers_and_libraries\windows\bin\compilervars.bat <platform>

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Azhar_u_
Beginner

Hi Adegbola,

Did you resolve the issue of compiling??

I am also facing similar errors while compiling. If you got it resolve then please do help us and share how did you get rid of those errors.

thanks,

regars, Azhar

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This thread is now closed. If you have a similar issue please start a new thread.

Noga - Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos