Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

A lot of Issues with XDK on windows 10 64 bit

ben4
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing crashes or poor performances with the designer packaged with the XDK.

Sometimes I drop rows in the designers and nothing happens, or the drop icon get stuck in the mobile container(the visual editor).

The software looks really promising but I am suffering so much from performance issues that I really do not know if this is normal or just me.

I having the same problems on a laptop and a desktop, the laptop is a dual processor and the desktop a quad with 8 gigs of ram.

Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot the problem please? if I need to paste any logs here please tell me where to find them.

Thank you,

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It is a complicated framework that demands strict adherence to their "rules of layout." The simplest to use for most people is the Twitter Bootstrap framework. It has a very active dev community and is well supported and documented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Which framework are you using? Twitter bootstrap 3, framework7 are recommended. Because other frameworks will be deprecated soon.

Please refer to this documentation for further details.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/app-designer#best-app-designer-framework

0 Kudos
ben4
Beginner

Hi,

I am using framework 7, unfortunately the documentation does not really help to troubleshoot what causes the crashes.

Thank you.

Ben

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There are some known issues with the Framework 7 implementation that can cause crashes. They are scheduled for fix in a future version.

0 Kudos
Geoff_at_CFM
Beginner

Framework 7 seems to have some idiosyncrasies with placement of controls.

For example, entry controls need to be placed within list blocks.

I'm not too familiar with the framework, maybe this is normal?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It is a complicated framework that demands strict adherence to their "rules of layout." The simplest to use for most people is the Twitter Bootstrap framework. It has a very active dev community and is well supported and documented.

0 Kudos
ben4
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

I see, so the crashes are not actually due to the designer itself but the framework used inside the designer, I will use bootstrap 3 then as I know it already due to the use of it in web design.

Thanks again for the info , I would not have worked out that the crashes would be due to the actual dropped in framework.

Thanks!

Ben

0 Kudos