Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

After installing Intel Xeon phi coprocessor HDD free space is decreased 50 % of disk

mallesh_c_
Beginner

Hi I am newly purchased two Fujitsu r 940 m1workstations with additional intel Xeon phi coprocessor 3120 a .. We configured new Fujitsu workstation, after that we installed intel phi coprocessor which is additional hardware.. After system restart it will take 50 % disk is full. We have 500 GB HDD then only we have 210 free space is there after coprocessor install(there is no any additional softwares are not installed) .what may be the problem?? Why it's taking this much of usage space...,?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mallesh_c_
Beginner
Please resolve as soon as possible
0 Kudos
Loc_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Mallesh,

Just want to clarify that after you installed MPSS (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-platform-software-stack-mpss ), it remained only 210 GB. Normally it should not take that much of memory. What MPSS version are use running? Can use uninstall and reinstall that version again, and verify what you observed? 

0 Kudos
mallesh_c_
Beginner
Hi , I install MPSS 3.3.2 version I tried to uninstall and install but same appears..
0 Kudos
Loc_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Mallesh,

Unfortunately, MPSS 3.3.2 is too old and is no longer supported. Could you try a recent version of MPSS? MPSS 3.7.2 for example.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mallesh_c_
Beginner
Hi sir can you exact solution please post reply
0 Kudos