Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Am a beginner. THE HOVER PSEUDO SELECTOR IS NOT WORKING ON MY INTEL XDK APP

Ndifor__Awemu
Beginner

I have my css file well linked to my html file and all declarations are working except the hover pseudo selector. Don't know where I have gone wrong or there is a bug in my system.

Fine under 

.HTML

<nav>
<ul>
<li><a href="home">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="about">About</a></li>
<li><a href="services">Services</a></li>
<li><a href="contact">Contact</a></li>
<li><a href="news">New</a></li>

</ul>
.CSS
</nav>
nav ul{
list-style-type: none;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
overflow: hidden;
background-color: grey;

}
 li {
float: left;
border-right: 1px solid blue;
}
 a {
display: block;
text-decoration: none;
padding: 8px;
text-align: center;

}
 Not working : (a:hover{
background-color: #222222;
})
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ndifor__Awemu
Beginner
Is my presentation wrong or there just can't be any problem like this.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Try this search > "does hover work on mobile" < for some help -- it's hard to distinguish a hover state on a touch device.

0 Kudos
Ndifor__Awemu
Beginner

Thanks Paul F. I have tried it . I am using a windows 10 browser on my Tochisba Laptop. I thought it was the browser so I switched from using Internet explorer to Chrome and the problem is still persist. On trying Notepad++ and others it works but I wish to stick with my intel xdk windows. If it continues then I will just have to quit the app. I am basically stocked. Thanks for an urgent reply.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If all you are doing is developing web app code I recommend that you download and install the standalone Brackets editor (which is the same editor used in the XDK) and use the Chrome simulator to see how your code looks on a mobile sized device (which is very similar to the mobile viewer in the XDK).

0 Kudos
Ndifor__Awemu
Beginner
Thanks for your reply but am taking a course and the tutor recommends the intel xdk app for wibdows on my part. You can verify the html 5 and CSS Couse on education to. Check tools. Thanks for your assistance.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you are taking the EDX course they have already notified their students  that they will no longer be recommending use of the XDK for that course. That course, as written, also works well with Brackets, it does not strictly require the use of the XDK to complete the course, many people have completed that course using Brackets.

0 Kudos
Ndifor__Awemu
Beginner

ok thanks Paul let me try

0 Kudos