Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Android on my netbook....?

meatmona20
Beginner
Is it possible for me to get android on my lenovo netbook - Intel atom @ 1.66GHz and 1 gb ram? I have seen a laptop with android and liked it very much. Can someone please tell me the steps to install android on my laptop? I am currently running Win Xp.
New Contributor I
hi, not, your netbook don't have characteristics of mobile device as a smartphone or tablet.
0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I
Hi
You have several typed images here.
http://www.android-x86.org/download
Linux Android is not exclusive to tablet ..
Regards
0 Kudos
davidbiggs1955
Beginner
No la.
Netbook doesn't run as a mobile phone device.
0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I
Hi
Have you read title the second image of link
installation iso for netbooks.
I have already install Linux Android on the netbooks (Atom),
require just you have capacity to program correctly the parameters of the bootloader.
Android is composed 99% of an base Gnu Linux standard.
I think to install Ubuntu, Debian,OpenSuse etc ..., that use conventional Xorg largely better, but each user have
the right to choose

It's probably justified with for an small model ARM processor that catastrophic
result when several fork running same time, but not with the extraordinary
capacity of Intel architecture Atom in this domain.

Regards
0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I
hi, the netbook can execute this operating system android, but don't run as in a mobile device.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting bustaf
Have you read title the second image of link installation iso for netbooks...

Hi everybody,

Could you specify what is"the second image of link...", please? On what website?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting bustaf
Have you read title the second image of link installation iso for netbooks...

Hi everybody,

Could you specify what is"the second image of link...", please? On what website?

Never mind... I've already found...

0 Kudos
jamesclark
Beginner
Really very great think about Android on my networi thanks for giving the information.
0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I
hi, you can running in vmware or virtualbox for get a preview of as run this operating system.... thanks to information by Buftaf!
0 Kudos
Manish_kg440
Beginner
No, Dude not possible. but there are some other way those you can try.
0 Kudos
shin
Beginner
quoting bustaf I have already install Linux Android on the netbooks (Atom), require just you have capacity to program correctly the parameters of the bootloader. Hi all i have do it too in my atom netbook and it run faster than in the tablet, its perfect
0 Kudos
emmyphen_s_
Beginner

It seems that netbook can't get android right now, but if you like android operating system,  you can get a tablet pc or smartphone, it is similar with netbook, also it is more convenient.

http://www.handgiftbox.com/tablet-PCs_56

0 Kudos
Tao_W_Intel
Employee

Hi, Emmyphen and Snowwhiteeg,

Have you checked Intel's new site  www.01.org? It has all infomation that you need to pub an Android on a laptop or desktop.  There is  a page called  Android on Intel IA (https://01.org/android-ia/) that you can find the latest Android downloads such as Android Jelly bean image that is optimized for  Intel IA devices.

0 Kudos
mohamed_el__mahdi_B_

HI  can we install android emulateur with google play account in a notebook ??

0 Kudos
Mohamed_helmi_b_
Beginner

No you can but if look for the feature of intel it's a project in progress!!

0 Kudos
Tao_W_Intel
Employee

Usually OEM's get Google's permission/authorization to make Google Play avaialble on specific hardware. Some agreements have to be accepted.

0 Kudos
Mohamed_Khalil_ZENDA

Hi,

Your current netbook architecture dont allow you to install android ROM, as a default operating system, but you can run, an emulator on it, and enjoy of all android feature, you have just to do a simple quick search on google !

0 Kudos
Hyrulia
Beginner

Running android OS on netbook is not possible, but you can create applications for android with it, just download the SDK from google.

0 Kudos
med_anouar_hammami

you can't Run android OS on netbook , but , you can running in vmware or virtualbox for get a preview of as run this operating system.

0 Kudos