Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

App Preview login issue

MAURIZIO_R_
Beginner

Hallo to everybody, I have got a XDK account. I can normally login the XDK platform with the my XDK account’s username and password.

I have developed a simple app.

I have installed App Preview into my Samsung galaxy note 4.

But when I try to login App preview with the same XDK account’s username - password,I get the following message:

"Invalid username or password. Please try again.If you cannot remember your username click  Forgot your username   for assistance. If you cannot remember your password, click   Forgot Your Password   for assistance."

I disinstalled and installed several times App Preview, I reset password: Nothing to do. I keep on getting that failure message., so I cannot use App Preview.

Does anybody know anything about this App preview login issue?

It will be very kind of you if you can give me some hints to  sort out the problem.

Kind regards,

Maurizio

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend trying to pasting your password into the password field instead of typing it.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Try using a different keyboard app on the Samsung. The Samsung native keyboard has been known to cause problems with entering passwords. For example, try the SwiftKey keyboard, it is free (no ads) and works very well. It works for me on Samsung devices.

0 Kudos
MAURIZIO_R_
Beginner

Tanks for your answers, but I got no results. I installed the  SwiftKey keyboard,( to be honest I did not like it so much:-)) I  typed the password, nothing to do : App preview does not let me login. 

So again I disintalled App preview for the third time, I downloaded it again, I installed it again into my galaxy note 4,meanwhile  I just reset on hour ago the password again via my XDK platform tool on my desk computer, I got the Intel email to create a new password, I created it, I logout my XDK account, I login with the new one , everything worked perfectilly, I tryed to login App preview on my galaxy note 4 with the new password: NOTHING,

very  very frustrating. I got stuck with this issue since one week. I cannot go on with my app.

But I amthe only one in the world getting problems to login APP PREVIEW?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you using your email address or the login ID you created?

Also, some android devices automatically capitolize the first letter of the password. Make sure this isnt tripping your up?

0 Kudos
MAURIZIO_R_
Beginner

just a moment I installed APP preview into an other Samnsung galaxy note 2 and it works well.

I must find out what is the problem with my GALAXY NOTE 4

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

I am experiencing the same issue. Login is failing even though I used the same credentials that I used to login to this forum.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Michael -- Try using a different keyboard app on your device to see if you can login. Some of the native keyboards can cause problems when entering passwords (such as changing the password with auto-correction). For example, try the SwiftKey keyboard, it is free (no ads) and works very well. It works for me on Samsung devices.

Another test is to change your password to something short and simple. If you can login with a short and simple password it confirms that you can login, and the problem may be due to a complex password that is difficult to type on a mobile device or your keyboard app on that device is corrupting or modifying the password as it gets entered.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

Dear Paul,

I have downloaded the Swiftkey app, but I couldn't login to  app preview.

I will change my password and try again.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

The problem still persist. I have changed my password toa simpler one but the login failed.

I think you should check the https://signin.intel.com/?appid link from your end.

The authentication is failing and I can't login anymore. This problem started towards the end of last week.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Michael -- I just did a simple test logging into App Preview with several devices and all worked properly. That URL you provided is incomplete, something like it is used as part of the login procedure, which you should be able to see in the URL bar (you will have to drag the contents of the address bar to see the entire thing). What you see should look something like this:

https://signin.intel.com/?appid=515&TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-900bfa3b-39d4-4f49-95b0-099aaaf63c20&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&METHOD=GET&SMAGENTNAME=$SM$QnJMmP%2bN6gMN%2fVVnfgk5wOmI3XqRSADYbdE9VPLR1oGltLZwYJ6CRfT8RxFdy4HV&TARGET=$SM$https%3a%2f%2fsfederation%2eintel%2ecom%2ffederation%2fXDK_App_Center%2easp

The precise values in the URL will vary, but it will look like what I'm showing above. If you're not seeing that, but just a truncated URL, something is wrong. If you try the link above, it should take you through the signin process and, if successful, take you to here:

https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/default.aspx

A test you could try, with your problem device, to open the browser on that device to this post:

software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/621910#comment-1870826

and then click the "try the link above" link in the previous paragraph to see if your device will go through the login process with your system browser. NOTE: App Preview uses your builtin webview to browse to that location, not your system browser, but it would provide some level of useful feedback.

There were some certificate issues with some very old Android devices (Android 4.0-4.2) and signin.intel.com, but we believe those have been resolved.

It's possible that your email address has not been confirmed with signin.intel.com? That is a new requirement they put in place a few months back.

I'm assuming that you are seeing something like the following when you attempt to login, is that correct?

Screenshot_2016-05-03-09-49-14.png

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

Good morning Paul.

I only copied part of the url, mine is exactly the same as the screenshot above. I am using a Sony Xperia Z3 Dual phone that is running on Android 6.1

I am 100% sure that my phone has no issue. After all, this feature was working until last week Thursday.

Finally,it's now working. What I did was to change the password again and I followed the suggested password criteria on the FAQ.

I also cleared the extra space that was added to the username(email address).

Thanks.

0 Kudos