Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Application won't install (it used to)

Shack
Beginner
Hi, I published an app to the Google Play store using Construct 2 and Intel XDK. I recently wanted to update the app and when trying to test on my device, it won't let me install the latest build (Crosswalk for Android). I tried clearing my cache, uninstalling the game, a previous build, another device and then finally tried a completely different apk. Any idea what might be wrong? I am using AdMob which was part of the problem I had before, but I even tried completely deleting AdMob from my game and I still can't install it. Is there a better way to trouble shoot or identify what the problem is? Thanks. TLDR, what are some reasons that would cause an apk to fail during its installation after building it out for Crosswalk for Android?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adrian_Stevens
Beginner

Are you getting any error messages? What's the exact behavior when it fails?

0 Kudos
Shack
Beginner

Adrian Stevens wrote:

Are you getting any error messages? What's the exact behavior when it fails?

Hey, thanks for a response. I ended up getting an answer. The problem was a combination of the App ID being the same in the live version and test version along with making sure to sign the test one.

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

Hey.
I have a question about installing my app on my ipad using iTunes.

I followed the instructions as i got them in my mail.(Connect to itunes click install and apply.)
Then is see my app on the screen of my iPad but it keeps saying "installing" for a very long time.
I did this proces 3 times and it still wont install.
It wil give the name of my app(weekinfo) and show the app with a darkend logo, When i then try to open the app it says
"installing" like forever.

Do you guys have any idea how to fix this or if i am doing something wrong?

thanks.

0 Kudos