Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Are Big Data security concerns real?

Hannah_R_
Beginner

As experts say that this big data imposes a number of threats on our privacy. I wanted to know whether these threats are real or just myth?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Derop_D_
Beginner

Yes there are some threats. but you never know when that happens 

0 Kudos
Derp_K_
New Contributor I

Derop D. wrote:

Yes there are some threats. but you never know when that happens 

Interesting

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Gogia
Beginner

Big Data has gathering a lot of bad reputation about how its about invasion of privacy and taking sensitive information about people and using them to exploit common folks. Just like the word torrent basically triggers the piracy flag. But that's not the case. Big Data is just making sense of lots of data that is being generated everyday. That data can be web logs or info from some IoT or a survey or anything. But since the data is so big like exabytes big then we don't really have a way of creating relationships and maintaining a RDBMS and that's where NoSQL databases come in. 

0 Kudos
Krishna_K_Intel
Employee

It's not the BIG DATA that itself is a threat. I do not see much privacy issues with BIG DATA that's analyzed in-house. It's about SECURELY communicating the BIG DATA generated to the Cloud for Data-Analytics.

In the Internet Of Things(IoT) world, small form-factor embedded devices upload/download data to/from the Cloud. If SEURITY/TRUST is weak/missing between these IoT devices/Gateways and Cloud then there will be lots of PRIVACY concerns. SECURE transport of the big-data is of paramount importance ..

0 Kudos