Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Are commercial licenses of Intel software product perpetual, and where is it documented?

Quoc-An_L_Intel
Are commercial licenses of Intel software product perpetual, and where is it documented?

Perpetual license implies that the product will still function even if the support has expired.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Yes, you are right. Commercial licenses do not expire in terms or runtime even if the support subscription has expired. You can use product versions only which were released within your support subscription period.
I'm not sure what you mean with 'where is it documented'. Do yu mean which documents describes the types of product licenses or do you mean how you can figure out which type of license you own (e.g. information in the license file)?
Regards,
Hubert.
0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel
Is there a document that state intel software licenses are "Perpetual"? I checked the EULA, and it does not explicitly mentionthe licenses are perpetual.
0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel
FYI: Below is the legal text in the EULA for stating commercial licenses are perpetual.

The EULA does not use the word perpetual. The primary reason is because not all of the licenses are perpetual, i.e., some are time-limited. For example, pre-release, evaluation, and time-limited single-user, etc.

However, in the termination section, i.e., Section 10, it states This Agreement becomes effective on the date you accept this Agreement and will continue until terminated as provided for in this Agreement. Reasons for termination are if the license is time-limited (as I mention above) or if Intel terminates the agreement/license due to breach of agreement by the customer.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
After the license expires, you are no longer entitled to support or upgrades, but you can continue to use those licenses which aren't time limited.
0 Kudos