Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Audio Player not working on some devices

Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

Hello!

My name is Alex hang, I am 16 years old and I am from Bucharest, Romania.

I created an Android App, using Intel XDK, using Framework 7, which used the HTML5 Audio player from the drag and drop list. This is the code

<audio controls="controls">
                  <source src="speek.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
                    <source src="speek.ogg" type="audio/ogg">
                </audio>

Both files, speek.mp3 and speek.ogg are situated in the www folder.

When I installed the app on my ANDROID 5.1.1 HUAWEI Y6 Phone it worked excellent, but when I tried it on other devices that run Android 4.2.2 and Android 4.4.4 and Android 4.1.1 it didn't worked. When I tap on the "Play button" notning happens and the "chronometer" from the left doesen't starts.

Can somebody help me with this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend that you debug your application using the Debug tab in Intel XDK. There you will be able to test your application on-device via USB connection and view the debug console to view any logs or execute ny functions. This is very helpful in determining what might be the appropriate issue.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The HTML5 audio tag does not work well on older Android devices. Build with Crosswalk and it should work. When you run in the Debug tab you'll be using Crosswalk.

0 Kudos
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

Thnak you very much for your help! I built the app using Crosswalk and the player is working, but after a few seconds of using the app, I have an allert wich says:"Application Error The connection to the server was unsuccessful (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)", and when I click OK, the app shuts down. Can somebody help me with that problem?

Thank you, 

Alex Hang

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Please provide a simplified zip file that exhibits this behavior so we can try to reproduce it.

0 Kudos