Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Availability of CAD model for SR300

Jinoh_L_
Beginner

Dear all, 

I've recently ordered an SR300 camera and wait for the delivery. 
In the meantime, I'm looking for 3D CAD model of the skeleton of SR300 camera including its base, 
since I would want to build an outer frame of this camera with a good tolerance. 
Indeed it would be mounted on a head of a humanoid robot.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help to have 3D CAD model which is usable in any CAD softwares such as Autodesk, Creo, or Solidworks.
Many thanks in advance. 

Gino.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Hi Gino,

Other members of this forum have asked for this in the past too, for the F200 and R200 cameras.  Tolerances were important to hem too.  There was no such file for those models either, so you are sadly likely to be out of luck for the SR300 unless you create a CAD file yourself by measuring the camera casing once you receive the camera.

Comparing images of the SR300 casing with the F200 casing, they look pretty much identical, so you could perhaps use the F200 measurements.  I took a ruler to mine.  

The main camera was 149mm wide and 29mm high at the front (I measured the maximum width in the middle of the camera, ignoring the corners).    Measuring the top was a guesstimate because it was an angled surface, but I reckon it to be 60 mm from front to back.

The stand was 47mm wide at the front and 51mm long at the side.

The last time I answered someone's request for a casing CAD, I pointed them to a 2D image of the F200.  So that might be useful to you.

http://bit.ly/1KlwRXU

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Hi Gino,

Other members of this forum have asked for this in the past too, for the F200 and R200 cameras.  Tolerances were important to hem too.  There was no such file for those models either, so you are sadly likely to be out of luck for the SR300 unless you create a CAD file yourself by measuring the camera casing once you receive the camera.

Comparing images of the SR300 casing with the F200 casing, they look pretty much identical, so you could perhaps use the F200 measurements.  I took a ruler to mine.  

The main camera was 149mm wide and 29mm high at the front (I measured the maximum width in the middle of the camera, ignoring the corners).    Measuring the top was a guesstimate because it was an angled surface, but I reckon it to be 60 mm from front to back.

The stand was 47mm wide at the front and 51mm long at the side.

The last time I answered someone's request for a casing CAD, I pointed them to a 2D image of the F200.  So that might be useful to you.

http://bit.ly/1KlwRXU

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I used the measurements I took to create a simple model of the F200 / SR300 in SketchUp and export it in the .dwg format used by AutoCad.  I've attached it to this message as a zip file.

0 Kudos