Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Big data and its interesting counter parts!

Hi fellas, I'm an yet another hadoop geek who is looking forward to explore a lot in it. I have completed a hadoop training in chennai, as soon as i complete my graduation Information technology domain. I'm a certified professional in it now. Hope i will get some additional knowledge from this group. If some one like to add me to any other group in this forum you can do so, and also do inform me about the forums you are into. Cheers!!!

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Jhon,

You may be interested in the new Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) and its forum at https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-data-analytics-acceleration-library

Iman

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the guidance buddy!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Welcome home Jhon M, hope you will enjoy your stay here as hadoop is an open source software framework written in java for distributed storage and distributed processing of very large data sets on computer clusters built from commodity hardware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Nice bro! what kind of things have you done with hadoop?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

The simplest way of describing “big data” is to say “lots and lots and lots of data” – because that’s what the term means. When people talk about big data, though, they also generally mean the process for making sense of all that data – filtering it to draw out meaningful patterns, predictions and conclusions.

What is all this data, then, and where is it coming from? Well, it’s everywhere. Think about your working day and you’ll realise you interact digitally with organisations, hundreds, if not thousands of times: you check your emails on your phone, send tweets, order something online, interact with websites, buy your lunch from the local supermarket, and so on. All these interactions create data points that can be captured.

As it happens, every day we are generating 15 petabytes of data (that’s 1,000 to the power of 5) and 12 terabytes of tweets worldwide. We create 350 billion meter readings per annum, and 500 million call data records. And those examples are just the tip of an enormous data iceberg.

Of course, for any one business, you won’t be handling 15 petabytes of data – but you could well be handling hundreds of thousands of data points; if, that is, you have systems in place to capture the way your customers interact with you on their phones, your website, in store, at point of sale, and so on. Each interaction can be captured, giving you reams of useful data that can give you invaluable insights into individual and group customer behaviour – if only you could make sense of it.

That’s where data analytics comes in. Data analytics is the process of making sense of all that data and drawing out useful patterns and insights

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Relational database management systems and desktop statistics and visualization packages often have difficulty handling big data. The work instead requires "massively parallel software running on tens, hundreds, or even thousands of servers". What is considered "big data" varies depending on the capabilities of the users and their tools, and expanding capabilities make Big Data a moving target. Thus, what is considered "big" one year becomes ordinary later. "For some organizations, facing hundreds of gigabytes of data for the first time may trigger a need to reconsider data management options. For others, it may take tens or hundreds of terabytes before data size becomes a significant consideratio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

34% more  likely than followers to integrate data systems to support decisions

54% more likely to define best practices within a data-driven framework

45% more likely to use big data and analytics to click combine manufacturing data and to support the enterprise platform 

Hadoop Training in Chennai | Informatica Training in Chennai

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The wave of innovation in all industries touching data is far from over. At Tableau we’re always interested in innovative technologies and how they’re providing value to customers. Once a year we step back to take stock of the big changes in the world of data. These are the trends that stand out to us for 2015.

1. Big Data Gets Cloudy
  2. ETL Gets Personal
  3. SQL or NoSQL, that is the question

We've also pulled out the first several pages of the whitepaper for you to read. Download the PDF on the right to read the rest.

• The cloud is everywhere, and we will continue to see adoption at extreme volumes.And big data is driving a lot of clouds growth: Revenues for the top 50 public cloud providers shot up 47% in Q4 of 2013 to $6.2B according to Technology Business Research. Amazon Redshift and Google Big Query are growing dramatically.Database players like Teradata are also jumping in the game.
  • It has been suggested that 80% of an analyst’s time is spent on data prep, while only 20% is spent looking for insights. Enter the personal data cleansing tools focused on the analyst. Tools like Trifacta, Alteryx, Paxata and Informatica Rev are making data preparation easier to use with less technology and infrastructure required to support it.
  • Some may think that the jury is still deliberating, but NoSQL is making a mark in the industry. NoSQL was founded to provide scale, flexibility, and the ability to leverage large sets of data faster. Companies like MarkLogic, Casandra, Couchbase, and MongoDB are bringing new innovation to the SQL database market and are doing quite well with large production implementations in surprising places.
  • "Securing data is really the difference between remaining operational and dealing with a serious crisis," says John Lucker, principal, Deloitte Consulting, and Deloitte's global advanced analytics and modeling market leader. "And companies can't wait for legislation to save the day. Without a keen focus on data security now, some organizations might not have a bottom line to worry about. But it’s not all horror stories. Security is also about building brand reputation and trust. Strong security practices, including the use of advanced analytics capabilities to manage privacy and security challenges, can set businesses apart from the competition and create comfort and confidence with customers and consumers."
  • Here and there, people have begun talking about a strange new idea: That data should not only be managed as an asset but valued as one. In the future, analysts and researchers say, companies will routinely monetize their own data for financial gain.
  • The advent of cognitive analytics means we can now automate analytical thinking through machine learning. Cognitive analytics aren't a replacement for traditional information and analytics programs, but they appear to be capable of improving just about any knowledge-intensive undertaking.

Everywhere you turn, you hear the term “Big Data”. What does Big Data mean to you and how will it impact you and your business in the near future? Having access to high-quality channel data in real time can help you make smarter business decisions and allow you to be more agile than your competitors. Why? Because hidden inside the massive amounts of structured and unstructured channel data that is collected on a daily basis are key organizational, partner and end-customer insights.

On that note, below are some facts about big data that demonstrate it’s importance in today’s business environment.

• According to the 2014(Cloud Computing training in Chennai) IDG Enterprise Big Data Research study, businesses will spend an average of $8 million on Big Data-related initiatives in 2014.
  • According to McKinsey, a retailer using Big Data to it’s fullest potential could increase its operating margin by more than 60%.
  • Bad data or poor quality data costs US businesses $600 billion annually.
  • If the average Fortune 1000 company could increase the usability of its data by just 10%, the company could expect an increase of over 2 billion dollars.
  • According to Gartner, Big Data will drive $232 billion in spending through 2016.
  • Data production will be 44 times greater in 2020 than it was in 2009. Individuals create more than 70% of the digital universe. But enterprises are responsible for storing and managing 80% of it.
  • It is estimated that Walmart collects more than 2.5 petabytes of data every hour from its customer transactions. A petabyte is one quadrillion bytes, or the equivalent of about 20 million filing cabinets’ worth of text.
  • By 2020 one third of all data will be stored, or will have passed through the cloud, and we will have created 35 zeta bytes worth of data.
  • A survey reported that more than 37.5% of large organizations percieve analyzing Big Data as their biggest challenge.
  • There will be a shortage of talent necessary for organizations to take advantage of Big Data. By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 skilled workers with deep analytical skills as well as 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use Big Data analytics to make effective decisions.

Hope its the nice time to start discussion over this. And I guess the thread starter, would be happy to hear about this.

hadoop training in Chennai | Web designing course in Chennai | Java training in Chennai

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Jhon M,

Nice to see that you are interested in such a useful and attractive topic as big data.

I think you may have a glance at this website www.dataplay.us

DataPlay is an integrated suite of applications, which fully meets your analysis, visualization and presentation needs. It gives integrated project management, complete data management, better and faster analysis, as well as automated rich vizualization.

You are welcome with any question you'll have!

John Rosenberg

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I know my comment is not related but I want to know Is a database such as mongoDB could scale better. I am new to this field and using mongoDB for most of the work which includes data collection and processing and then using the mongoDB to index data on Elastic Search for faster searching. For me the processing part in mongoDB takes lot of time. So Is a way I can faster process my data in mongoDB.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm going to be pressed with data storage too and as away too take it by the horn I've been checking the forum I'm devising easy ways to keep great data.and with a great language and a great compiling art is where I 'm based 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Know about this latest salesforce technology in new way for making your electronics things are very strong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jhon a. wrote:

The wave of innovation in all industries touching data is far from over. At Tableau we’re always interested in innovative technologies and how they’re providing value to customers. Once a year we step back to take stock of the big changes in the world of data. These are the trends that stand out to us for 2015.

1. Big Data Gets Cloudy
  2. ETL Gets Personal
  3. SQL or NoSQL, that is the question

We've also pulled out the first several pages of the whitepaper for you to read. Download the PDF on the right to read the rest.

• The cloud is everywhere, and we will continue to see adoption at extreme volumes.And big data is driving a lot of clouds growth: Revenues for the top 50 public cloud providers shot up 47% in Q4 of 2013 to $6.2B according to Technology Business Research. Amazon Redshift and Google Big Query are growing dramatically.Database players like Teradata are also jumping in the game.
  • It has been suggested that 80% of an analyst’s time is spent on data prep, while only 20% is spent looking for insights. Enter the personal data cleansing tools focused on the analyst. Tools like Trifacta, Alteryx, Paxata and Informatica Rev are making data preparation easier to use with less technology and infrastructure required to support it.
  • Some may think that the jury is still deliberating, but NoSQL is making a mark in the industry. NoSQL was founded to provide scale, flexibility, and the ability to leverage large sets of data faster. Companies like MarkLogic, Casandra, Couchbase, and MongoDB are bringing new innovation to the SQL database market and are doing quite well with large production implementations in surprising places.
  • "Securing data is really the difference between remaining operational and dealing with a serious crisis," says John Lucker, principal, Deloitte Consulting, and Deloitte's global advanced analytics and modeling market leader. "And companies can't wait for legislation to save the day. Without a keen focus on data security now, some organizations might not have a bottom line to worry about. But it’s not all horror stories. Security is also about building brand reputation and trust. Strong security practices, including the use of advanced analytics capabilities to manage privacy and security challenges, can set businesses apart from the competition and create comfort and confidence with customers and consumers."
  • Here and there, people have begun talking about a strange new idea: That data should not only be managed as an asset but valued as one. In the future, analysts and researchers say, companies will routinely monetize their own data for financial gain.
  • The advent of cognitive analytics means we can now automate analytical thinking through machine learning. Cognitive analytics aren't a replacement for traditional information and analytics programs, but they appear to be capable of improving just about any knowledge-intensive undertaking.

Everywhere you turn, you hear the term “Big Data”. What does Big Data mean to you and how will it impact you and your business in the near future? Having access to high-quality channel data in real time can help you make smarter business decisions and allow you to be more agile than your competitors. Why? Because hidden inside the massive amounts of structured and unstructured channel data that is collected on a daily basis are key organizational, partner and end-customer insights.

On that note, below are some facts about big data that demonstrate it’s importance in today’s business environment.

• According to the 2014(Cloud Computing training in Chennai) IDG Enterprise Big Data Research study, businesses will spend an average of $8 million on Big Data-related initiatives in 2014.
  • According to McKinsey, a retailer using Big Data to it’s fullest potential could increase its operating margin by more than 60%.
  • Bad data or poor quality data costs US businesses $600 billion annually.
  • If the average Fortune 1000 company could increase the usability of its data by just 10%, the company could expect an increase of over 2 billion dollars.
  • According to Gartner, Big Data will drive $232 billion in spending through 2016.
  • Data production will be 44 times greater in 2020 than it was in 2009. Individuals create more than 70% of the digital universe. But enterprises are responsible for storing and managing 80% of it.
  • It is estimated that Walmart collects more than 2.5 petabytes of data every hour from its customer transactions. A petabyte is one quadrillion bytes, or the equivalent of about 20 million filing cabinets’ worth of text.
  • By 2020 one third of all data will be stored, or will have passed through the cloud, and we will have created 35 zeta bytes worth of data.
  • A survey reported that more than 37.5% of large organizations percieve analyzing Big Data as their biggest challenge.
  • There will be a shortage of talent necessary for organizations to take advantage of Big Data. By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 skilled workers with deep analytical skills as well as 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use Big Data analytics to make effective decisions.

Hope its the nice time to start discussion over this. And I guess the thread starter, would be happy to hear about this.

Thanks for the detailed information Jhon, I learned a lot from this.

Elixir of immortality | Is immortality possible | What are dreams

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi

Great information shared by this topic author. But if you want some more information about Hadoop training then click here php interview questions i hope it will work for you. I have write all content with my own experience.

Thanks

Enjoy the Article.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Great post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Nice John!  what kind of things have you done with Hadoop? Do you have some future plans to work with Hadoop?

Custom software development company

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Great Content hope you have gathered every bit of knowledge required for Data Management Services like Hadoop Mango DbBig Data Analytics, Hadoop. 

0 Kudos