Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Brackets extensions not shown

Andrea_P_1
New Contributor I

Hello,

i have the latest XDK (but this was happening also with older versions) and in the extensions manager i cannot download anything. No plugins and no themes. Nothing is shown except the two plugins installed (in the installed tab).

I've installed XDK on another PC and all works correctly. So in which way i can find the problem?

available.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andrea_P_1
New Contributor I

Well.. the problem was "state.json" file into XDK directory.. i've removed it and XDK brackets has recreated it. And now is working correctly.. if you need it i have a copy of this file

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I suspect there is a firewall or proxy issue on the machine that is not working. The Brackets extensions must have a properly working proxy in order to work. Is the non-working machine on a company network?

0 Kudos
Andrea_P_1
New Contributor I

Yes.. it is in the same network. No firewall rules are blocking the outgoing traffic

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sometimes it is the firewall on the machine, not a corporate firewall that is causing the problem. If you do have the Windows firewall enabled you need to enable nw.exe to get through, that is the executable app that the XDK runs on top of. The XDK is, itself, an HTML5 app, running on node-webkit.

0 Kudos
Andrea_P_1
New Contributor I

Added an inbound and an outbound rule on windows firewall to nw.exe.. same problem. The only way could be to inspect the console..

0 Kudos
Andrea_P_1
New Contributor I

i've also tried my 4G line.. and it is the same.. so. No connection issues

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The only other thing I can think of is a Brackets config file getting in the way? Do you have standalone Brackets installed on that system, as well? If so, it's possible something in a brackets.json file might be getting in the way?

0 Kudos
Andrea_P_1
New Contributor I

I had a previous version of brackets that i removed months ago. I've removed the brackets folder present in the AppData folder. i've search the registry to see if there was something strange. I've removed the brackets.json file into XDK folder and the program has recreated it.. but no luck.. The first two tabs are empty. Unlucky the "Debug" tab is not present and i cannot open the console

0 Kudos
Andrea_P_1
New Contributor I

Well.. the problem was "state.json" file into XDK directory.. i've removed it and XDK brackets has recreated it. And now is working correctly.. if you need it i have a copy of this file

0 Kudos