Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build Size too Large

Solution_O_
Beginner

Please I've been having this issue since i upgraded my XDK. The build is too large. Normally, the app is around 2-4mb but after building on the new version, the size is about 58mb and after extracting it, there are two apk file each about 26mb. The whole app folder is 5mb. What is happening please?

I'm using version 3240

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

In the current version of Intel XDK, Crosswalk within the Android panel on the Projects > Build Settings section is selected. This option embeds your application in the Crosswalk runtime which provides you with access to the latest HTML5 optimization and features as well as makes your app's experience on all Android devices consistent instead of being reliant on the device's native webview which differs across devices. You can turn this off under the Build Settings section on the Projects window.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

In the current version of Intel XDK, Crosswalk within the Android panel on the Projects > Build Settings section is selected. This option embeds your application in the Crosswalk runtime which provides you with access to the latest HTML5 optimization and features as well as makes your app's experience on all Android devices consistent instead of being reliant on the device's native webview which differs across devices. You can turn this off under the Build Settings section on the Projects window.

0 Kudos
Solution_O_
Beginner

Thank you Elroy

But please can you show me pictures? I disabled the "Optimized with crosswalk" in the build settings. Yet same thing

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Are you building for Android? Unchecking the CW checkbox should reduce your built file size significantly. 

Did you make any other changes? Perhaps add plugins? Are you using App Designer, or just straight coding?

0 Kudos