Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build error when use IPP libs in NDK.

haitao_z_
Beginner

Test code is copy from "Building Android* NDK applications with Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP)" : https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/building-android-ndk-applications-with-intel-ipp

1. And install the IPP for windows,

2. copy the include folder to my project.   jni/ipp/include

3. copy the libippcore.a, libippi.a, libipps.a..... to the project,  jni/ipp/lib/ia32 .   It is strange that the libippcore.a... files are in intel/Composer XE 2013 SP1/ipp/lib/mic,  ------ Are these files should be in mic folder??????

The build  whole project, It seems the source file build is ok, but failed in linke stage.

[x86] SharedLibrary : libIppAdd.so
D:/android-ndk-r9d-windows-x86/android-ndk-r9d/toolchains/x86-4.6/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-linux-android/4.6/../../../../i686-linux-android/bin/ld.exe: fatal error: D:/android-ndk-r9d-windows-x86/android-ndk-r9d/project/hello_test_exe_ipp/jni/ipp/lib/ia32/libippcore.a(ippinit.o): unsupported ELF machine number 181
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/cygdrive/d/android-ndk-r9d-windows-x86/android-ndk-r9d/build/core/build-binary.mk:588: recipe for target '/cygdrive/d/android-ndk-r9d-windows-x86/android-ndk-r9d/project/hello_test_exe_ipp/obj/local/x86/libIppAdd.so' failed
make: *** [/cygdrive/d/android-ndk-r9d-windows-x86/android-ndk-r9d/project/hello_test_exe_ipp/obj/local/x86/libIppAdd.so] Error 1

What is the reason for this error ---libippcore.a(ippinit.o): unsupported ELF machine number 181??

Thanks a lot!

Br,
Haitao
0 Kudos
2 Replies
park__myungjoon
Beginner
I also had the same problem .
Now I would like to know how you ever wondered if you solve and resolve whether the resolution .

jjacko3@hotmail.com 

0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel

Hi,

the problem above is simply because you can not use IPP libraries for MIC (Intel® Xeon Phi™) to compile for Android. IPP libraries for Android are included into Intel® INDE and Intel® System Studio. You should download one of these products and use the IPP libraries included there. 

If you still have issues a complete build log would be helpful (ndk-build -B V=1)

Thanks,
Alex

0 Kudos