Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Camera not installing / working with SDK

Steven_H_
Beginner

The SDK does not seem to work with the camera - get init_failed errors on loading all apps but the Raw Streams (C++) app.

Here's the history:

We installed SDK 4.0.0.112526 (offline version) and installed it on my Surface Pro 3.  Didn’t have the camera installed during the setup.  Many of the features weren’t working on the camera so we uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed with the Camera plugged in.  We didn’t get the “no camera” error at the beginning of the second install but have it come up at the end (picture attached).

Still the problem exists where many of the applications won’t work and give an init_failed error.  The Raw Streams (C++) app works fine so I believe the camera itself works.  I can see the raw streams from the camera and it lights up.

So after trying to get it to work we un-installed the software a third time.  This time before re-installing:
- We turned off the AV and firewall
- Java updater popped up during the first two installs so I ran Java updates
- We ran the installer as administrator (even though I am a local admin on the system)
- Disabled the surface built in camera

Did it make a difference?  Kind of, now we get an error that “referenced SDK components are not registered…” (attached).  But I looked on the forums and if you run the browser sample as administrator it loads.  But still get the init_failed on most applications that run.  The 3d scan application (that I’ve been dying to try!) gives an Error – init failed (-3).

We would greatly appreciate any help to get this going.  Thanks to everyone who contributes!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

You have installed the DCM separately yes?  
Any chance your <user> directory name has non English characters or symbols in it?

0 Kudos
Steven_H_
Beginner

My user directory name has no unusual characters in it.  

I have not installed anything other than the SDK - so this appeared to be the problem.  Still need to run as administrator.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos