Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can't get F200 Eye Tracking sample to work

Robert_Oschler
Beginner

I've tried working with the F200 Eye Tracking sample with no luck.  Every time I try to calibrate, the entire screen turns light gray.  Then, one of the following happens:

- the light gray background disappears and I see the main dialog window again.

- the light gray background hangs around for a long time until I have to kill the app or something makes it disappear by itself

- the light gray background appears and right before it disappears I see a small red square for about 1/2 second and then it and the background disappears back to the main dialog window.

If I try to Start the app, it forces me back into the Calibration process again.  Something is clearly not working right here.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

You should find red square in the gray screen. Could you provide more detail info so I can find the root cause for you? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Robert_Oschler
Beginner

@David.

>> You should find red square in the gray screen.

Yes and as I said I only see one out of every several trials and only for a moment before the light gray full screen view disappears back to the main dialog window.  Even it that case it takes a long time for the red square to show up, right before it and the light gray screen disappears.

>>  Could you provide more detail info so I can find the root cause for you? Thanks!

What kind of details can I give you more than what I listed above?  I'm running R6 with DCM 1.4.x.  I'm on a Windows 8.1 PC with 8GB RAM.  I'm using the stock F200 Eye Tracking sample.  I'm not sure what else I can provide that would be helpful.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Bryan_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Robert,

Are you wearing glasses by any chance? Perhaps glasses with slightly tinted lenses? This can affect the quality of eye tracking.

Thanks, Bryan

0 Kudos