Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can't install Intel parallel studio 2016 composer for MAC

Qilin_X_
Beginner

I was trying to install the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition for Mac OS. When I double clicked the installation file I was asked to provide root password or administration password. then I opened the root access on Mac and tried this root password, but it said authorization failed. So i tried my administration password it also said authorization failed. I tried the serial number but got same result. Maybe it requires licensing before installing? But  it's a first time installation so there's no place for me to put the license file. 

Could somebody tell me how to solve it? Thanks!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
James_T_Intel

Hi Qilin,

The serial number associated with your email address appears to be valid and activated.  You should have an email with the license file for your system attached.  You can tell the installer to use that license file during activation.  When you select the option to install via license file, you will be prompted for the location of the license file.

James.
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Qilin_X_
Beginner

Hello James,

Thanks for your reply!

Actually the problem is that I can't even start the installation process. It asks me for root password or administrator password after clicking m_fcompxe_2016.0.033.app file, but I got "authorization failed" in both choices. I'm pretty sure the passwords are correct. 

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Can you switch to root before starting the installer?  I'm not familiar with how OS X escalates user privileges.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_
Beginner

Hi, in my case I can go further and activate the license. However, when I have to choose to install environment I can't progress. I have tried both options: 1. Command Line Install Only and 2. Both Command Line and Xcode integration but none of them works. I am using Xcode 7 and the new MAC OS X (El Capitan), Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
ahmed_a_1
Beginner

I have the exact same issue with El Capitan Mac OS X. The installer does not start 

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello Diego and Ahmed (and other who have issue with El Capitan),

El Capitan is not supported at this point.

Please refer to this article:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/os-x-1011-not-supported-by-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2015

Regards,

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

With the now released Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1 OS X 10.11 is fully supported.  Update 1 is available for download from Intel® Registration Center.

Regards,

0 Kudos