Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Can't login to Install .APK on Androd device

Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

Build was successful.

I got the email saying the build was successful and to click this link to download the .apk

I click the link, a browser window opens and that window will either prompt for my permission to download the app or (as it occasionally does) prompt me to login to my Intel account in which case I then have to login, return to the email and repeat the process.

The problem is, when I click the link to login I get an error saying I can't get a secure connection.  I tried manually going to signin.intel.com and I get the same error.

See following screenshot:

Screenshot_2017-03-25-17-30-30.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

Screenshot_2017-03-26-12-18-37.png

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There has been some work going on with signin.intel.com that may be interfering with these actions. I do not have visibility into the issue over the weekend.

Are you still encountering this issue? Are you able to download/signing from a browser on your computer? I assume you can, since you were able to login to post on this forum. Is the download problem only happening on your mobile device or do you see it also with an attempt to open from a browser on your computer?

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

Hey Paul.

This problem, in my case, is A) still happening and; B) seems to be very specific to my android devices.

I can login here via my laptop (Windows 10) and this iPad (iOS 9.3).

I can build just fine.

I can download the builds.

I just can't login from my android devices (any of them).

I did post a work around in another thread (which I'm sure you've seen by now).

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This smells like the same issue that is plaguing the general XDK login problem (which appears to be due to a combination of a Chromium bug and some cert issues). What happens if you use the "share" button on the build tab? That will share a non-signed URL via email; just send the share via email to an address that is accessible via the device. That should work:

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 09.16.12 .png

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

Someone on your end changed something... I didn't upgrade to the latest version of XDK so I've been spared that login problem and haven't had any issues retrieving my .APK builds until this past Saturday.

As I posted in another topic, one workaround is easy... download the APK to OneDrive and access it from the device. The device will download the .APK and prompt to install it.

Now, to your solution, the first click on share brought up the dialog, I deleted the last two people I had shared with and XDK crashed and restarted... I sent the error log with my email address.  Shared it again but haven't had a chance to test from that device... will do so in the a.m.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The login issue is a combination of updates to the XDK and external changes to the certificate chains that are used to secure and validate logins: one part internal and one part external. So non-XDK login attempts can also be affected, depending on the specific client login software, thus the reason it does not impact everyone everywhere.

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

The shared link did work as well.

BTW, when is official EOL on XDK mobile app builds?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Scheduled EOL of the XDK cloud-based build system is end of June, 2017. Help converting to PhoneGap Build and/or Cordova CLI can be found here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/build-xdk-app-with-phonegap-cordova-cli <

0 Kudos