Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot see code when loading xdk from another computer

Tu_T_
Beginner

Hi,

I have issues opening a xdk build from another computer. When I open it, I can't see anything. I cannot see the code or able to develop on it. But the original computer i develop on, i can see all the code.

I have tried on two separate computers. One on a mac and a windows 10 computer.

If someone can help me, I really appreciate it

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Tu> the projects files are local, not in the cloud. You need to sincronize yourself these files. I use Dropbox to it.

0 Kudos
Tu_T_
Beginner

Yes, the files are local. That is, I'm using dropbox to synchronize these files, the same as you. The projects still do not open properly

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Tu -- the XDK is not designed to handle this case, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. We recommend that you use git to archive your code to an external git server and then pull the changes from the git server to your other computer. There are some differences between systems (usually OS dependent) that can cause trouble if you try to share the files directly by simply "mirroring" them between computers. Not to say it cannot be done, but there is no guarantee it will work and we have no guidelines on how to make it work because it is not a scenario we support.

0 Kudos