Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Change theme of a template in xdk

Youssef_A_
Beginner

I have created a new xdk project based on the listview template. But I want to change the theme of this template. Is this possible? And how do I do that?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Replace the CSS with whatever you want. You would likely want to remove the App Framework libraries and use whatever you want. Or, find another HTML5 list example and create a new app based on that.

0 Kudos
Youssef_A_
Beginner

Hi Paul, thank you for your answer. For example I have used the login template and I see just one css afui.ui.css. If I want to change this to framewrok7 look and feel, which of the css sheets should I replace? I mean framework 7 has more then 1 stylesheet.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Youssef -- we don't have the resources to help you learn how to apply CSS and other standard HTML5 resources. Your best bet is to search resources like W3C Schools, HTML5 Rocks, etc. We're here to help you get through the logistics of building and debugging your app.

0 Kudos
Youssef_A_
Beginner

Hi Paul, I know how css works. I thought XDK has a simple way for switching themes in existing templates. But thank you for your effort.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Youssef -- sorry, but there is no such mechanism available.

0 Kudos