Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cilkplus Installation Problem on mac

Ashik_Ahmed_B_
Beginner

Hi,

Environment: macOS SIERRA.

I am trying to install cilkplus using the instruction described here. I also have changed the path according to the instruction. However, I am facing this error (screenshot attached) constantly. Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Ashik

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hansang_B_Intel
Employee

I think you need to add a library search path when compiling your cilk code as follows.

clang -fcilkplus test.c -o test -L <library path>

<library path> should be the directory that contains the Cilk runtime library, libcilkrts.5.dylib.

0 Kudos
Ashik_Ahmed_B_
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Yes, it resolves that problem. When I have compiled and run the sample.c (attached below) I got no errors. However, when I tried to compile another file fib.cpp (attached below) I got an error message specifying (attached below)...
/Users/llvm/projects/compiler-rt/lib/cilk/include/cilk/common.h:79:13: fatal error:
      'cassert' file not found

any idea why I am facing this error? Thank you very much for the help.

--Ashik

0 Kudos
Hansang_B_Intel
Employee

Check if your clang/clang++ is searching the location of the headers by including "-v" (verbose) option.

It must be searching a location like this if Xcode is installed:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1

If it is not, include the directory that contains "cassert" in your search path.

0 Kudos