Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
17065 Discussions

Continuous HDMI feed (EDID saving)

tgfrules
Beginner
I just got the new Sandy Bridge, Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz 6MB S-1155 with integrated grafics. I am using that on a Gigabyte GA-H67MA-D2H S-1155.

I have plugged the HDMI output into my receiver and then to TV. HDMI all the way.

Problem is when I turn off my receiver and turn it on again, the computer disables the output of the HDMI and will not enable it again until I restarts the computer or unplug the HDMI cable and plugs it in again.
My PS3 does not have the same issue - it just works.

I have investigated the issue and it seems it is because the computer forgets the EDID of the receiver and does not detect it again on receiver turn on.

I have gone through the setting options of the intel drivers but was not able to locate anywhere where I could "save EDID" thus making it indifferent to the fact that the receiver is turn on or off.

Am I looking in the right place at all here?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
tgfrules
Beginner
*Bump* to skip spam