Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Convert so file to x86 from armeabi?

Will_T_
Beginner

I have an Android project that has an so lib file from a third party spell checker I use. (My app is the only downloadable keyboard for Android Wear, so the system spell checker is not available.) I don't have the source for the library, and have so far failed to get it.

Can an so file be decompiled so it can simply be recompiled into an X86 version? If so, how? Without this, I simply can't support Intel based Wear smartwatches. (Fossil and Tag Heuer)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eduardo_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Will, you really should negotiate with this third party supplier to provide you an x86 version of the library. 
I don't really know which library you are using, but decompiling it may incur in a violation of their license what may put you in a difficult position with them.

0 Kudos
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Hi Will,

In a test environment, you may wish to check out objcopy from GNU binutils and attempt an ABI conversion. I cannot guarantee that this will fully work but you are welcome to share your experiences with it. You may want to first try on some simple Hello World .so library. 

However, as suggested by Edu, before any public code release, you should contact the third-party developer to re-compile the whole source code for the x86/x86_64 ABI and provide the respective .so files.

Best regards,

Shailen Sobhee

0 Kudos