Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cordova Plugin Explroer: Only show NPM

Rich
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry for this question as it is probably an easy fix that I overlooked.  But when I try to add cordova-plugin-ad-admob to my project I can only import into npm, git repo and import local plugin.  I do not see Cordova Plugin Registry therefore I cannot import the plugin I want to use.  What am I doing wrong?

• Intel XDK version (upper right corner of the Intel XDK). 3922
  • Platform you are building for, build log, build settings, etc. - Android
  • Screenshots, when applicable.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Rich
Beginner

Will do.  

One thing I just noticed today was I have m,y export folders which contain the Construct 2 data, right.  But outside of that folder was a plugin folder...and it had cordova plugins that were modified today?  Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I would think if plugins were added to an xdk it would be contained in the root of the export i created...but outside of it.  But i could be completely wrong as well.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yes, if you are seeing the plugin folders outside of the project folder, that is odd.

A simple project looks something like this:

├── plugins
│   ├── cordova-plugin-device
│   ├── cordova-plugin-splashscreen
│   └── cordova-plugin-statusbar
└── www
    ├── css
    ├── js
    └── xdk

Where '.' represents the project root and your 'index.html' file would be located inside the 'www' folder. The other folders shown inside the 'www' folder (in this example) are a function of your project source code, there could be no folders, folders of different names, etc.

As you can see, the 'plugins' folder is located directly inside the project root, alongside the 'www' folder. It contains folders that correspond to the ID of each plugin that is part of your project. In this case, there are three plugins that are part of this project.

• Did you change the install location of the XDK when you installed it?
  • What system are you using? Mac, Windows, Linux?
  • Where are you storing your projects? A network drive? A local drive? A DropBox folder?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I tried importing the export file you provided but I cannot reproduce this issue on either Mac or Windows.

Please answer all of the following questions for possible clues.

• What system are you using? Mac, Windows, Linux?
  • Did you change the install location of the XDK when you installed it?
  • Where are you storing your projects? A network drive? A local drive? A DropBox folder?
  • Does the path to the project folder include any unusual characters?
0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner
  • What system are you using? Win7 64
  • Did you change the install location of the XDK when you installed it? No - Defaults
  • Where are you storing your projects? Desktop Folder - Path is in next question
  • Does the path to the project folder include any unusual characters?  Does have Periods...  c:\users\rich\desktop\exports\Galactic Attack 1.0.9

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I don't see anything in your answers that is unusual. :-(  I really have no idea what is going on, never run into a problem like this that I was not able to resolve. Is it possible you've got Cordova CLI installed on your system and it is in the path? That shouldn't interfere, but it might... Sometimes a bad TMP environment variable has caused odd behavior. Can you provide a copy of your environment from the command-line? Please pipe it into a text file and attach the text file. You can send it via the private message thread.

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

What command do I use in cmd to get this information?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Open a "command prompt" and at the prompt type:

set > temp.txt

And then attach the "temp.txt" file to your post.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I do not see anything unusual or that might cause a problem in your environment variables. At this point I am out of ideas, I really do not understand what is causing this failure and cannot think of any other clues to provide that might help figure out what is happening.

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

You won't believe it!  IT is working now.  I fired up XDK and it said "Resolving Cordova plugins."  After about 2 minutes or so XDK opens and there is a list of things under plugins, which was not there before.  So I thought, "what the heck...ill give it another try."  BOOM it actually added it this time.  I am living temporarily with my sister in law and her ISP is horrible, but they were out today working on something and her internet is a tad quicker.  Any chance it was having a hard time communicating to the plugin link I was providing...but just not giving an error?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Bad network connections can definitely cause problems and timeouts that are difficult to reproduce and diagnose. I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the problem.

0 Kudos