Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cranberry's Google Analytics Construct 2 plugin + XDK

Kenyon_B_1
Beginner

Does anybody know what Intel XDK plugin I need to work with Cranberry's Google Analytics plugin (cranberrygame_CordovaGoogleAnalytics_1.0.12) ?

I have his c2addon installed in the project. Set to Track Screen on Start of Layout

eventsheet.png

I have the following plugins installed

plugins.png

...but am not getting any tracking results. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

I cant see the attached images, have you added your google analytics ID?

You can also add a GA event tracker to a button click event and then check if you are able to see analytics.

0 Kudos
Kenyon_B_1
Beginner

Hi Rakshith, thanks for the reply and sorry about the images not showing up. I've fixed them so you can have a look.

I have my GA ID entered starting with "UI-" and I have track screen and track event set-up in the Construct 2 file. Neither are working.

Am I missing a plugin in the XDK?

0 Kudos
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

You can take a try to install a third party (adobe) plugin by using following Repo URL: https://github.com/phonegap-build/GAPlugin.git

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

I dont see a plugin for Google analytics added from the screenshot, search for google analytics cordova plugin and use one of the choices, it will have documentation on how to use the plugin javascript API for screen and event tracking, it will usually be different than the javascript API defined for web google analytics.

0 Kudos
Kenyon_B_1
Beginner

I was hoping someone in this forum was using Cranberry's C2 plugin and knew exactly which plugin is needed in the XDK.

In the meantime, I'll test some Cordova plugins and report back if anything shows results.

0 Kudos