Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

DCM Error 1603 for RealSense SR300?

kim_w_1
Beginner

Hi All,

I'm getting the following problem when trying to install the latest DCM with a SR300 RealSense connected to the USB 3.0 port on a Lenovo Windows 10 64bit tablet with the Intel Atom z8700. 

Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s). Windows Installer failed to configure product:

Error message: Fatal error during installation. Error code:1603

File name: intel_rs_sdk_runtime_ia32_dcmservice_sr300_3_1_25_2599.msi

Anyone else see this, and any suggestions? I've made sure the power settings on the USB device/hub is set to always on. This particular SR300 works fine on a different Windows computer, but we need to get it to work on the Intel Atom z8700 or z8500 - based tablets. 

Intel - do you have support for Windows drivers and Windows SDK on these tablets with these Atom processors? (I know there is Linux support). 

Thanks for the help - Kim W. 

PS. the device(s) for the SR300 show up as expected in the device manager. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kim_w_1
Beginner

It seems that an older driver release (DCM) will indeed get installed without error and the SR300 will function with the latest SDK on an Intel Atom z8700 based Windows 10 (64 bit) tablet; albeit with some problems and errors with some of the example tools, and some slowness with hardware initialization. 

Intel, since an older DCM driver works on an Intel Atom Z8700 system, it would be logical to have the latest drivers install on these systems. Will you be fixing the problems and update the DCM so we can support the SR300 on the Intel Atom z8700 with Windows 10? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

I recommend you to post your question in this thread:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/594789

0 Kudos