Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Debug mode removes App preview from iPad when debugging on device

klevis
Beginner

Hi,

I am encountering an error while debugging my application on an iPad "Error encountered while installing signed App Preview onto your device. Suggestion: Retry."

IntelXDK is able to produce the .ipa file but after that it immediately removes App Preview from the ipad and shows the error message. 

I'm using CLI 4.1.2. In the meantime i'll try to use CLI 5.1.1

Please let me know if you have encountered the same issue. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

You may experience this issue if you did not include your device when creating your provisioning profile. I recommend recreating your provisioning profile with your desired device(s) along with the appropriate certificate. The newly created provisioning profile and the associated certificate should be provided to Intel XDK as these are required for successful builds and installs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

You may experience this issue if you did not include your device when creating your provisioning profile. I recommend recreating your provisioning profile with your desired device(s) along with the appropriate certificate. The newly created provisioning profile and the associated certificate should be provided to Intel XDK as these are required for successful builds and installs.

0 Kudos
klevis
Beginner
Hi Elroy, Thank you for your reply. I am pretty sure i created the provisioning file based on my device. I have not updated the build sertings with those files, but i wasn't sure if its needed when debugging. I will try that and see if it works Thanks
0 Kudos
klevis
Beginner

I am still having the issue. I tried to recreate the provisioning file with my ipad(the only one i have setup) and intelxdk removes App Preview after creating the .ipa file. Then the error message shows up. 

I am using intelxdk 2807 on windows 10. 

Update: I even tried to changed the CLI to 5.1.1 but that did not make any difference.

Update2: I finally was able to make it work. As @Elroy mentioned above it must have been something to do with the certificates or the provisioning file or something else. I recreated everything I needed from scratch following the blog post below. Since, I am using Windows i had to use open SSL to create the p12 file. 

http://www.iandevlin.com/blog/2012/11/phonegap/building-an-ios-signing-key-for-phonegap-in-windows

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Kelvis,

Are you still facing the issue?

0 Kudos
klevis
Beginner
Hi Amirta, Thanks for checking in. As i mentioned on the reply above update2, i was able to fix the issue. The certificate and provisioning files have to be correctly created from the apple developer site.
0 Kudos