Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Delay in RealSense DevKit delivery ?

Karol_G_
Beginner

I still didn't receive my DevKit, for which I was charged more than 4 weeks ago. I've wrote to support but the only replay I got was the info that they have delay and in fact they don't know when they will ship at all, which is ridiculous. Did someone else here had such situation? Did you receive your devkits?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Pruthviraj_N_
Beginner

Hi Karol,

Its good to see someone brought up this matter again!

Even i have not received my kit yet and no replies for any of the mails i sent to support and click.

I have ordered one kit myself which is on prehold :( 

Unfortunately i had to travel to Korea and i gave my friend address in India, i am not sure whether it caused any trouble.

Many in my city(Bangalore, India) have received the kits but not me!

Hope somebody from Intel considers this and provide some info. 

0 Kudos
Karol_G_
Beginner

By the way, I'm living in San Francisco, and I cannot understand how it is possible that this devices cannot reach Silicon Valley. 

0 Kudos
Fritz_W_
Beginner

Hello,

We are working hard to make sure all Finalists in the challenge receive their cameras.  Some delays have been experienced in the shipment process due to international customs clearance reviews, and incorrect addresses provided by the recipients.  Our team is fully focused on remedying these issues.

Please note that in regards to the RealSense App Challenge, the cameras are shipped at NO COST to the recipients, nor do we charge the Finalists for the camera itself.  If a recipient has paid for a camera, they have done so outside of the challenge, and the challenge team is not involved with that shipment.

Send questions to intelrealsenseappchallenge@thegameagency.com 

0 Kudos
Karol_G_
Beginner

Fritz, your post is misleading, I've newer mention anything about any challenge.

I'm talking about Real Sense Dev Kit's that are available for preorder from few months now: http://click.intel.com/intel-realsense-developer-kit.html

On 4th of November I was approved for shipping stage. I was then charged for my DevKit $99 (and I've paid extra for express shipping) but I still didn't receive it. 

0 Kudos
jorge_G_1
Beginner

I have the same situation.  I received a bunch of emails asking me to preorder the camera with delivery in 2-3 weeks.  I preordered on Nov 17, Intel processed my payment and so far I have not receive anything.  I live Seattle so the delay is not caused by international excuses.

I emailed support last week and I got a weird response to the effect that there was a delay and that I will be informed when it is ready to be preordered.  I already preordered and was charged for it so I am not sure if the response came from a person or a robot.  So I emailed a second time for clarification and no response this time.  I really think it was a  robot who responded although a name was attached to it - the name was Kami Golden.

0 Kudos
Jack_K_1
New Contributor II

Jorge,

I had a similar situation and received an email from Kami, but eventually received my camera on December 19th after reserving it on September 3rd, pre-ordering it on October 30th, getting a notice that it would ship on November 2nd, and receiving a response (from Kami) to my query on November 20th saying that "...begin shipping within the next 2 weeks" , and then getting confirmation on December 12th that the camera was shipping.

Like you I began to wonder if the camera would every be delivered.  I think Intel is trying their best to get the cameras out.  You may have experienced more delay because of the holiday season. 

Regards,

Jack

0 Kudos
Jim_Schenck
Beginner

WOW.

I am registered with Intel as both a business partner and developer.  We are located in Southern California and after registering interest in the RealSense camera kit heard nothing from Intel. After sending a message requesting an update, from which we never got a response, I went online and found that I could actually order and pay for the camera before the price increase.  I was charged and paid for the product but have not heard any status update. Is Intel serious about their channel and developers?  I tried to communicate through the RealSense website channels and even posted questions via RealSense webinars but there was no responses.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

As of this week 4/19/2016, click.intel.com is temporarily out of SR300 dev kits. They have some on order but demand has been very heavy.  They will fill orders as product is available to them.

About pre-charging your credit card, you'll need to speak to them.

0 Kudos