Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Design controls' items keep disappearing

Pedro_P_
Beginner

Hi,

The controls on the design panel keep disappearing each time I click them. When intel xdk starts is everything ok, but if I click in any item (eg. header item), all items disappear and the panels stays white until I restart the intel xdk application.

I anex a picture to show the problem.. I already tried to repair and reinstall intel xdk and it didn't solve my problem. I'm using cordova hybrid mobile app settings.

Thanks for support.

Best regards,

Pedro Pereira

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

So what you are saying is that above a certain size (of the Intel XDK frame), the App Designer window starts to exhibit this behavior. Thank you for that feedback. We have seen similar odd behavior when developers are using 4k x 4x monitors. So it sounds like the workaround is to keep your XDK frame dimensions below some magic width and height. Do you know what width and height causes this behavior?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
  • What version of Windows are you using? The XDK only works with Windows 7 and greater.
  • Did you install the XDK in a non-default location, or did you let it install in the default location?
  • Try "clearing the XDK cache" following the instructions in this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#recover-xdk
0 Kudos
Pedro_P_
Beginner
  • I'm using windows 10;
  • I installed it on the default location;
  • I cleared the cache multiple times, it doesn't work...

My resolution is 3840x2160, when I set the intel xdk window to a certain size, the problem is solved. But I can't work with the window maximized...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

So what you are saying is that above a certain size (of the Intel XDK frame), the App Designer window starts to exhibit this behavior. Thank you for that feedback. We have seen similar odd behavior when developers are using 4k x 4x monitors. So it sounds like the workaround is to keep your XDK frame dimensions below some magic width and height. Do you know what width and height causes this behavior?

0 Kudos
Pedro_P_
Beginner

It's exactly that! The size of the windows isn't always the same, but if you can tell me how I can measure that, I tell you the width and height that I use..

By the way, thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Pedro -- there is a nice little utility for Windows called "sizer" that will show you the width and height of a window as you resize it. Or, you can use a utility like this one to simply measure the size of the XDK window.

0 Kudos
Pedro_P_
Beginner

Ok, so the width and height that I use without problems: 3030x1690.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thank you, Pedro.

0 Kudos