Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error #10052 Could not checkout FLEXlm license - Visual Studio 2013 inside VM

James_W_4
Beginner

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem where my license file is not working correctly.

I'm attempting to compile a fortran project inside visual studio 2013, running on a Windows 7 Enterprise virtual machine.

I've got the same license setup on my physical windows machine, also Windows 7 Enterprise, Visual Studio 2013, and I'm able to compile, without getting the Error #10052.

They both use the same exact license file which points to a license server.

Any ideas why this might happen in the VM but not on my physical OS?

Kind regards,

James

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi James,

Please make sure you can connect from your virtual machine to the license server, and ports are not blocked by firewall.

There is an article troubleshooting this kind of problems.  See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/checklist-for-installation-and-troubleshooting-intel-flexlm-license-manager , section "Steps to complete ON THE CLIENT SYSTEMS".  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
James_W_4
Beginner

Feilong H (Intel) wrote:

Hi James,

Please make sure you can connect from your virtual machine to the license server, and ports are not blocked by firewall.

There is an article troubleshooting this kind of problems.  See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/checklist-for-installation-and... , section "Steps to complete ON THE CLIENT SYSTEMS".  Hope this helps.

Hi, thank you for the help. I was indeed able to connect / communicate with the license server from the virtual machine.

I've since resolved my issue by rebooting the VM. I wish I knew what the issue was but at least it is fixed now.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos