Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error creating project: Error copying tmp directory contents to project

Ibrahim_S_
Beginner

I am currently facing an issue with my intel Xdk software. I have been using it with so much success for a couple of weeks, but in the past 24hrs i haven't been able to create new project in the XDK. Anytime i attempt to create a project, i get the following error:

"Error creating project: Error copying tmp directory contents to project: Could not copy directory C:/Users/x/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp-2604bc6bxs/unzip/templates". I have viewed some other thread of complains in this forum, but the solutions suggested haven't worked for me so far. Please i kindly need an assistance to help resolve this issue so i can happily return to coding HTML....

0 Kudos
16 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you able to create a new project without that error? If so, there may be something corrupted in your existing project. You could create a new app with the appropriate blank template and copy your code and settings into that new project.

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_S_
Beginner

Thank you for your prompt response Mr. Paul, No, i have not been able to create new projects. It's at the point of creating new projects that i get this error message...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
Shrief_A_
Beginner

I am also facing the same response. Even though i am totally new with Intel XDK and I just installed it 2 days ago. I re-installed it but I am getting the same response.

Did you find any solution for it Mr. Ibrahim?

I tried the link by Mr. Paul. However and Unfortunately I don't have any previous projects yet.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Shrief -- are you able to create a project from a blank template or using one of the demo apps?

0 Kudos
Shrief_A_
Beginner

Error XDK_0.jpg

0 Kudos
Shrief_A_
Beginner

Hello Mr. Paul,

Thanks a lot for the reply, I didn't think someone would do to be honest haha. I really do appreciate your intention to help me.

Unfortunately I am a beginner at coding with Intel XDK. Can you specify more?

All I needed to do is to create the following: Intel XDK > HTML5 Companion Hybrid mobile Or Web app > Templates > Blank > Standard HTML5 / HTML5 + Cordova .. However, In both of the 2 options I am getting the same message .. You may see the attachments.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Shrief -- I have seen some situations where a users' TEMP directory was either not accessible or incorrectly specified. If you open file explorer and type this path into the "url" or "location" field at the top of the file explorer > C:\Users\Shrie\AppData\Local\Temp < does the file explorer show you something or does it fail?

0 Kudos
alfonso_g_
Beginner

Hello!

I was facing this same issue Today, I still don't understand the root cause but seems like the path where the new project is being created will not let Intel XDK create the new project, as a workaround I created a new folder on my desktop and started the new project there. this solved the issue while attempting to create the new app.

As suggested by Paul I also went to the specified folder on the Local/Temp folder and found out that the files were indeed there and the version of Intel XDK was updated. I hope the workaround helps anyone else having this issue.

Regards,

0 Kudos
David_D_3
Beginner

Hi! I'm a 2 minutes fresh new XDK user and I just stumbled on the same exact error.  The error is because the default path where to create or import the project is C:/Users/.../Documents/ which in my SSD/HDD setup did not even exist, since my Users directory was moved to E:/ the day I installed Windows.  By clicking the browse button next to that path I could select an existing location and then it worked fine ;-)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

David -- thanks for that feedback, I've alerted engineering.

0 Kudos
Thomas_R_4
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

David -- thanks for that feedback, I've alerted engineering.

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJC6rH56pNI&feature=youtu.be.

0 Kudos
Thomas_R_4
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

David - grazie per questo feedback, ho avvertito l'ingegneria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJC6rH56pNI&feature=youtu.be

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thomas -- I tried to watch your video, but the resolution is so low that I cannot read any of the text, especially when you are pointing to some key filenames and directory names. Could you provide some screenshots of those areas or upload a version of the video with higher resolution? I would like to see what you have identified as the solution, but the quality of the video on YouTube is so low that I am unable to follow the details of your demonstration.

0 Kudos
bilal_s_
Beginner

I had faced the same error, after changing the project path to D:\... any folder, there was no longer any error.

0 Kudos
Roger_P_
Beginner

15 posts and nothing solved?

Well, in my case instead of accepting the default path, I clicked on the navigation icon, I changed the path and that's it.

Apparently to work, just switch to a non-native Windows path.

Bye.

0 Kudos