Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error with plugin management and Simulator

Alessandro_A_
Beginner

Hi,

I can not solve two problems that have occurred simultaneously. The first problem is that if I try to add or remove a plugin nothing happens (no error message). The second problem is that the app works in testing using App Preview but it does not work in Simulations. A blank page appears with "Not found". 

I'm using version 3992.

Thanks for your help.

Alessandro

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alessandro --

• What happens if you create a project from the "hello cordova" sample? Does that work? If so, it means there is an issue with your project. If it does not work, there is likely an issue with your install.
  • What is your operating system: Windows, Mac, Linux?
  • Have you upgraded from a previous version? If so, which version?
0 Kudos
Alessandro_A_
Beginner

Hi Paul and thank you for the help. It's just a problem with this app ... all the others work perfectly. My operating system is a Sierra MacOs. The version of XDK is 3922. After upgrading to this release, the app worked perfectly. I also tried to reinstall XDK but it did not change anything.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm sending you a private message.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alessandro -- I am able to run your app in the Simulate tab, but there are some third-party plugins which will not work there (and they will not work in App Preview). I do not get a blank screen with "Not Found" but I do see errors in the debug console that likely are causing the app to halt. For example:

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 08.48.54 .png

I was also able to remove a plugin without problem.

I notice that there is a config.xml file in the project root. I've seen the presence of this file interfere with adding and removing plugins; however, it is not consistent. Exit the XDK and remove that file. Then restart the XDK to see if it makes a difference with the project.

If that doesn't work, try this:

• exit the XDK
  • make a complete copy of the project folder
  • delete the config.xml file from the project folder
  • rename that new project folder (e.g., "my-app-copy")
  • rename the <project-name>.xdk and <project-name>.xdke files (e.g., "my-app-copy.xdk" and "my-app-copy.xdke")
  • using a code editor (Sublime, Brackets, vi, Notepad++, Atom, etc.) modify this line:
          "projectGuid": "3d76be9c-0711-4a72-9d2c-59bfa12ba108",
    to this:
          "projectGuid": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
  • save the file
  • open the XDK
  • goto the Projects tab and select the green "Open and Intel XDK Project" button at the lower left
  • find the new project and open the new <project-name>.xdk file to import the project

Let me know if that helps fix the plugin add/remove issue.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alessandro A. wrote:

Hi Paul, I deleted the config.xml file and now everything works. Thank you. --Alessandro

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos