Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Errors creating and importing build certificates and keystores.

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

As of June 2, 2017 the ability to create and import Android keystores and iOS signing certificates have been disabled; however, the ability to convert "legacy" certificates and download existing certificates will continue to work.

If you have published an app in the Google Play store, you are advised to download the Android keystore(s) that you have been using to build your Android apps. Android APK files are "self-signed," meaning Google neither generates nor owns the certificate that you use to sign your app, you own them. Once an APK has been published, Google requires that all updates to your app be signed with the same certificate. This insures that the developer who updates an APK is the same developer who created the original version of that APK. If you do not sign using the original keystore you cannot update your Android APK in the Google store! (Non-Google Android stores may have different policies regarding the signing of Android apps.)

This is not the case for iOS apps. In that case Apple issues you the certificate that you use to sign your apps, via your developer account. Thus, if you lose an iOS build certificate you can simply generate a new set, using the same developer account, and then use the new certificates to sign updates to your already published apps. In most cases, it is easier to generate a new set of iOS certificates than to download any certificates you may have stored in your Intel XDK account.

DO NOT LOSE YOUR DOWNLOADED ANDROID KEYSTORE OR FORGET THE PASSWORD ASSOCIATED WITH THAT KEYSTORE!! Intel does not retain copies of any keystores that you delete from your account. Likewise, Intel does not keep a copy of your keystore password, thus we have no means to recover a keystore or its password, if you delete it from your account.

Disabling the creation and importation of keystores and certificates means that new Intel XDK users will not be able to use the Intel XDK build system; it will only be accessible to those XDK developers who have an existing account that already contains usable build credentials (certificates and keystores). Downloading a certificate will not remove your build credentials from your account, but if you delete a credential from the certificate management tool it cannot be imported back into the tool.

If you download and delete a keystore and then lose that keystore we CANNOT retrieve it for you!! If you do not see the certificate you need in your view of the certificate management tool it means we DO NOT have that certificate!! Likewise, if you add a certificate into the PhoneGap Build certificate management tool you CANNOT download it from their tool.

Attempting to create or import a credential will result in error messages similar to the following:

Error creating certificate: "An error occurred while creating your certificate."

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 13.57.07 .png

Error importing certificate: "An error occurred while importing your certificate."

The note about ensuring your alias and passphrase match is misleading. The reason you are seeing this error is because the import service on the backend has been disabled.

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 13.58.23 .png

Error creating Certificate Signing Request: "An error occurred while creating your Certificate Signing Request."

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 14.00.43 .png

Error import P12: "An error occurred while importing your P12 file."

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 14.01.51 .png

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Václav_H_1
Beginner

That amazing ! And I was finding few hours why I can't create new Keystore....... and now this thanks Intel

0 Kudos
Bogdan_G_1
Beginner

error creating certificate !!!!(((

0 Kudos
mesut_g_
Beginner

No more intel xdk. uninstall 

0 Kudos
ALAA_Z_
Beginner

I'm a new user , how can i create a new keystore

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

ALAA Z. wrote:

I'm a new user , how can i create a new keystore

The creation and import of keystores has been retired in the XDK. Only existing users with existing keystores can build with the XDK. The build system is scheduled to be retired at the end of June. Please see the release notes for additional information > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/release-notes-information-intel-xdk <

0 Kudos
rfan_G_
Beginner

xdk. uninstall 

0 Kudos
frendy_k_
Beginner

so how to check the old my keystore  ??  for forgetting key ?? plis fast respon?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

frendy k. wrote:

so how to check the old my keystore  ??  for forgetting key ?? plis fast respon?

We looked up your account (under the email address you are using for the forum) and we do not see any keystores in that account. Is it possible you have another account for the XDK? Please respond to the email we sent to provide those details.

0 Kudos
André_V_
Beginner

Very disappointed, this tool helped me a lot.

0 Kudos
André_V_
Beginner

Where I can find mykey.key?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

André V. wrote:

Where I can find mykey.key?

If you have a pre-existing key you can download it directly from within the Intel XDK. Since you can no longer create new keys, this only applies if you have a key that was generated before this feature was retired.

If you need to create a keystore for use with Cordova CLI or PhoneGap Build, see this > http://docs.phonegap.com/phonegap-build/signing/android/#generating-a-private-key < and about halfway down this article > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/build-xdk-app-with-phonegap-cordova-cli < are instructions showing how to download an existing keystore from your Intel XDK account (assuming you have a certificate already present in your account).

Also, please see the release notes for additional help > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/release-notes-information-intel-xdk <

0 Kudos
Milan_S_
Beginner

Dear Intel team, after a few months of hard work with XDK I wanted to convert my project to Cordova in order to compile it with CLI. 

I created a keystore manually and wanted to Import it to XDK - error message!!!

For export it should be possible to do it without your server!?!!

Is my work from few months now in waste basket!?!!!

Please help!!! I am desperate. 

0 Kudos
Bhosale__Jayesh
Beginner
I can't find solution for an error occurred while creating your certificate
0 Kudos
Milan_S_
Beginner

Sorry for my last comment - after restart of my Mac there is no necessity anymore to have a keystore. I exported the project.

Now I will try to compile it with Cordova...

0 Kudos
Milan_S_
Beginner

The next problem: when I build it with Cordova it failed with exception.

org/crosswalk/engine/XWalkWebViewEngine.java:55: error: XWalkWebViewEngine is not abstract and does not override abstract method evaluateJavascript(String,ValueCallback<String>) in CordovaWebViewEngine

public class XWalkWebViewEngine implements CordovaWebViewEngine {

^

Note: /Users/struhar/Documents/struhar/Development_tools/Demo_NTC_App1/Demo_NTC_App/platforms/android/src/org/crosswalk/engine/XWalkCordovaResourceClient.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

1 error

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

jayesh g. wrote:

I can't find solution for an error occurred while creating your certificate

please read this forum thread > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/735617 <

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Milan S. wrote:

The next problem: when I build it with Cordova it failed with exception.

org/crosswalk/engine/XWalkWebViewEngine.java:55: error: XWalkWebViewEngine is not abstract and does not override abstract method evaluateJavascript(String,ValueCallback<String>) in CordovaWebViewEngine

public class XWalkWebViewEngine implements CordovaWebViewEngine {

^

Note: /Users/struhar/Documents/struhar/Development_tools/Demo_NTC_App1/Demo_NTC_App/platforms/android/src/org/crosswalk/engine/XWalkCordovaResourceClient.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

1 error

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

Please start a new thread for your build issues.

0 Kudos
Diogo_A_
Beginner

Hi. I need to compile and sign my app manually now that XDK retired the build server.

I can compile alright, and it installs and runs normally. But Im failing to sign it.

Ive downloaded my certificate from XDK, a .keystore file. Now Im trying to sign it using the following command:

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore cadernomagicov1.keystore /var/www/html/cadernomagico/app/mobile/local/caderno-app/platforms/android/build/outputs/apk/android-armv7-release-unsigned.apk cadernomagicov1

I enter the password, seems right, the signing begins.. and then it fails with this message, after "adding: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF":

jarsigner error: java.security.SignatureException: private key algorithm is not compatible with signature algorithm

Seems like the algorithm is not right. What would be the right one to use? 

edit: nevermind, it works if I remove the -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1

Please help

0 Kudos
Shantanu_S_
Beginner

Hi, I am trying to create a "keystore" to test my html5 website in android or ios phone, but i am getting error from 2-3 days i am unable to build my app. Please help me1.png2.png

0 Kudos
Shantanu_S_
Beginner

Hi all, I am trying to create a build to test my html5 website (Dummy) in android and ios phone, for that i need to create a "keystore", when i am trying to create , i am getting error from 2-3 days. please help me.

0 Kudos