Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

F200 and its accuracy to read the registered face again

Rahul_J_
Beginner

Hi - am new to testing the RealSense Camera F200 and experimenting with it. 

Two questions

1. Is there a published accuracy at which camera works? i.e if a face is registered what is the percentage it will read the same face accurately next time? i.e False Acceptance Rate and False Rejection Rate?

2.  How much influence the surrounding light impacts this face recognition?  Say I register the face in daylight and now I need to read it at night with the ambient room light - what is the likelihood of it getting read?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

1. No.

2. It's crucial.

0 Kudos
Rahul_J_
Beginner

Thanks. 

In absence of any published data, what has been the experience using F200 in terms of FRR and FAR with other users of F200?  We have seen mixed results with our testing so far.  If a face is registered it will recognize it fine few times and then again not do so under the same ambient light conditions.  Not sure if there is any other tuning/configuration we may have missed when using the SDK.  The other way we were looking at is what deviation/change in the face parameters (whose face we would like camera to detect) have to change for camera to not be able to recognize it. I believe it looks at several points and makes a decision. 

0 Kudos