Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

F200 not detected.

hugo_a_1
Beginner

Hello 

I just received my RealSense F200 (Creative) and I try to install it on my computer 

I7 3930K / Asus P9X79 PRO / Windows 10

When I try to install the driver dcm_f200_1.4.27.41944 the camera is not detected. 

I also try the windows 10 creative driver C3DG_0800_PCAPP_DRV_EN_1_00_07a, same.

I tried several USB port (USB3 and not USB3)

I tried on another computer. All the time it is not detected. 

Also the green LED is turn off.

Is it an hardware problem or there is a way to make it works?

thank you. Hugo.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

In order to use RealSense SDK, you need meet the HW and SW requirements. You can find detail info @https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/devguide_hardware_and_software_requirements.html. Thanks!

0 Kudos
hugo_a_1
Beginner

Ok thank you for your answer.
so as I see in the requirement it needs a 4th generation processor.

First it should be written in the preorder page http://click.intel.com/intel-realsense-developer-kit.html, which is not the case now.

Secondly I dont see the justification for this limitation. Dont tell me that a 3930K is not powerfull enough to run it!

0 Kudos
Garrett_F_
Beginner

Agreed, it is pretty frustrating that this information wasn't openly available. I guess the biggest questions I have are if and when we can expect RealSense to support a more realistic range of processors?

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

The CPU requirement is for some parts of the SDK that need specific CPU optimizations.

If you just want the raw data from the camera, you can use other CPUs. For example, I successfully used the camera with an Atom Z3740 to capture the raw data.

0 Kudos
hugo_a_1
Beginner

Yes Garrett I hope they will support more processors in the near future.

Samon, the camera is not detected so I cannot even install a driver, so I also dont have access to the raw data.

I think any i7 should run it without problem. it is unfair for Intel to create such limitation.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

Hallo,

since June 2015 I'm looking for a working Intel F200 camera. Always I had failure -4

Now, I have founded that there is a driver problem between INTEL and MICROSOFT by using USB3.0. My OS Windows 8.1 is using driver 6.3.9600.17217 dated 21.06.2006 for usbvideo. This is only a driver for USB2.0 UVC WebCams. Whenever i had luck, there appeared once the depth and RGB camera by image devices in the Device Manager. Both are using an intel driver V.1.0.0.11 dated 01.06.2015. I could see working my F200.  Always in the end of installing process the news from known problem was to see . After Reboot, Windows changed the usbvideo-driver and with the MICROSOFT driver the camera had no chance to work, because Intel requieres USB3.0.

Also, when INTEL finally solve this problem. Intel has only to provide the new USBVIDEO.INF for the USB3-cameras, to make it available to Microsoft, then Microsoft can update his software for USB3.0 devices. Many Intel clients want to enjoy with their RealSense camera. By that chance Intel  can support us with an zip-file too, not only an exe-file!

0 Kudos
治憲_李_
Beginner

I agree it as I got the same problems.  Or Intel can offer a display card

for the 3D realsense camera in the near future.

0 Kudos
Joseph_A_3
Beginner

I'm having the same problem. It works on my Thinkpad 8 (atom) and had the firmware updated but it can't be detected on my desktop pc.

I'm on an Asus Rampage IV so it's a LGA2011 chipset with a I7 4820k ivy bridge on win10. I updated the usb driver (non win10) and it now detects it but very intermittent. Seriously they need to be less strict about the cpu requirements, even i didn't know you need a 4th gen to use this...

0 Kudos
Bharath_L_
Beginner

Not related the question, but I'll mention it - I have problems when I connect the camera to a USB 3 Self Powered hub. I have problems getting the depth map, but the RGB works fine. My Lenovo Y50 has so few USB ports. I have to disconnect the hub and connect it directly to the computer to make it work.

I am not sure if the second USB 3 port on the computer is independent or not. I have a USB 3 to Display Port device connected to it and have a 2K screen hooked up. Hope that is not hogging the bandwidth.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

I have now upgraded my OS to Windows 10 and ... RealSense Camera F200 is working ...

There is a new driver for USB Video Class dated 10.09.2015 (10.0.10240.16384) and for Intel Depth Camera there is a newer driver  too (RealSensedcm V. 1.4.27.48405 dated 09.09.2015).

Why does Intel is not able to produce working drivers for OS 8.1 included in a package by retailing? Does Intel helps Microsoft to put pressure on the clients to distribute better the new OS Windows 10?

0 Kudos