Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Fortran Openmp offload error

Sanjoy_C_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I am doing some fortran openmp code offloading in MIC.In compilation time I am getting the below error messages.Please help me.

Directive ignored - Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ) , :

*MIC* Directive ignored - Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ) , :

Thanks 

Sanjoy

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Sanjoy, we need to see the actual statement(s) causing the error to be able to determine the root cause. Please post the associated statement(s) flagged by the errors. 

0 Kudos
Sanjoy_C_
Beginner

My coding statement is like this:

!DIR$ OFFLOAD BEGIN TARGET(mic:0) in(psi(1:5,1:nslt),irocom(1:nslt),cfsmt,psi2(1:nslt),pot(1:nslt),jcol(1:maxel),psi1(1:nslt),phi(1:nslt)) out(sinhom(1:nslt)

Though the out statement is coming below..originally it was in same line in that directive.

Below are the error statemaent in same line number:

evolve_msd4am4_td_combine_newest.f(232): remark #5082: Directive ignored - Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ) , :
!DIR$ OFFLOAD BEGIN TARGET(mic:0) in(psi(1:5,1:nslt),irocom(1:nslt),cfsmt,psi2(1:nslt),pot(1:nslt),jcol(1:maxel),psi1(1:nslt),phi(1:nslt)) out(sinhom(1:nslt)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
evolve_msd4am4_td_combine_newest.f(232): remark #5082: *MIC* Directive ignored - Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ) , :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sanjoy

0 Kudos
Sanjoy_C_
Beginner

Sorry all the in and out statement are in same line of that directive..

Regards

Sanjoy

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Does your last reply mean you resolved this?

In case not, the line is too long for a single line (fixed form) and the OUT clause is missing a closing paren. The transfer of psi also requires using a contiguous section, so you can perhaps use psi(:,1:nslt) ; however, you need to evaluate that based on the app’s use/need. With that you can restructure the directive as follows:

[cpp]

!DIR$ OFFLOAD BEGIN TARGET(mic:0) in(psi(:,1:nslt),irocom(1:nslt),
     * cfsmt,psi2(1:nslt),pot(1:nslt),jcol(1:maxel),psi1(1:nslt),
     * phi(1:nslt))  out(sinhom(1:nslt))

[/cpp]

0 Kudos
Sanjoy_C_
Beginner

It is not resolved yet...

I am trying with the new directive also..same errors are showing...

One more thing leftside * is necessary right..?

Sanjoy

0 Kudos
Sanjoy_C_
Beginner

Error msg:

evolve_msd4am4_td_combine_newest.f(232): remark #5082: Directive ignored - Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ( <IDENTIFIER> <CHAR_CON_KIND_PARAM> <CHAR_NAM_KIND_PARAM> <CHARACTER_CONSTANT> <INTEGER_CONSTANT> ...
------------------------------------------------------------------^
evolve_msd4am4_td_combine_newest.f(232): remark #5082: *MIC* Directive ignored - Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ( <IDENTIFIER> <CHAR_CON_KIND_PARAM> <CHAR_NAM_KIND_PARAM> <CHARACTER_CONSTANT> <INTEGER_CONSTANT> ...
------------------------------------------------------------------^

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The name of your source file is evolve_msd4am4_td_combine_newest.f, where .f implies fixed form, so the * should appear in column 6 and the code for each line begins in or after column 7.

The example below demostrates the original error and the replacement statement.

[cpp]

program t
      integer :: psi(1,1),irocom(1),cfsmt,psi2(1),pot(1),jcol(1)
      integer :: psi1(1),phi(1),sinhom(1)

#ifdef ORIG
      !DIR$ OFFLOAD BEGIN TARGET(mic:0)in(psi(1:5,1:nslt),irocom(1:nslt),cfsmt,psi2(1:nslt),pot(1:nslt),jcol(1:maxel),psi1(1:nslt),phi(1:nslt)) out(sinhom(1:nslt)
#else
      !DIR$ OFFLOAD BEGIN TARGET(mic:0)in(psi(:,1:nslt),irocom(1:nslt),
     * cfsmt,psi2(1:nslt),pot(1:nslt),jcol(1:maxel),psi1(1:nslt),
     * phi(1:nslt))  out(sinhom(1:nslt))
#endif

!dir$ end offload
      end

[/cpp]

To produce the original error, compile using:  ifort -fpp -DORIG t.f

To use the corrected form, compile using:  ifort -fpp t.f

0 Kudos
Sanjoy_C_
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Unable to resolve...?

Shall I share the file to you,so that you can understand what is wrong..

0 Kudos
Sanjoy_C_
Beginner

Hi ,

If u want I can share the file...

0 Kudos
Sanjoy_C_
Beginner

Issues still not resolved...

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Sorry, I had not received notice of your earlier posts. Sure, if you want to share a file you can post a reply and upload the file which everyone can read or use the "Send Author a Message" to send a private reply/protected file.

0 Kudos