Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Forum software has wrong font style for <pre>

levicki
Valued Contributor I

Here in this forum writing

used to give Courier New (aka fixed width) font. That is usefull for code snippets and now it gives regular proportional font at least for me. If someone changed that please change it back, thanks.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Intel_Software_Netw1

Escalating this...

==

Lexi S.

IntelSoftware NetworkSupport

http://www.intel.com/software

Contact us

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Thank you Lexi!
Oh by the way, could you tell them to fix this signature separating line as well? It is way too long, and the top and bottom margins are too small. Someone seems to be playing smart there in web design team trying to "prettyfy" things which are not to be touched. In my opinion it would be better to use "--" as the signature separator than the hr tag.
0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1

Done.

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Sooo... any chance to get a fix any time soon? It is rather annoying to have to look at the code snippets in proportional font. Come on web admins, how hard is to fire up the Notepad and edit that CSS back to what it used to be?

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Lexi, this forum software has bugs! Editing the post kills the attachment and it has to be reuploaded.

0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1

Confirmed -- submitting now...

(conversion of < > to html in title on edit also noted)

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

It is really beyond me why they changed

style. Haven't they heard of "If it ain't broke don't fix it"?

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Lexi what are those people in web administration doing?!? Now the edit button is gone! Can't Intel hire someone capable of administering simple forum instead of those amaters?

0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1

We're chasing it down... this one is likely a config issue rather than a design issue (since we admins can still edit), and itshould be quick and simple to fix if that's the case.

0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1

Hi Igor,

The EDIT button will only appear on your own posts while you are logged in. If you are logged in and do not see this button on your own posts, please empty all browser cookies and temporary files, close all browsers, and return to http://www.intel.com/software/forums and log in.

Warm regards,

Gina B.
Intel Software Network Support
http://www.intel.com/software
email: ISN.support@intel.com

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Now it is back again and I didn't have to delete cookies (thanks God for that). I sincerely hope it won't get any worse than this.

0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1

Do let us know if this works. I posted witha non-admin test account and was able to edit posts generated by that account.

-Lexi

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Lexi, see my response above your post.

By the way (now that I have your attention) what is going on with

font style? Why it is taking so long to fix?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks fine to me and there have been no updates to Forums or Forum code in some time.Letme peek around a bit..[
This is a test
 one space
   three spaces
]
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

With this post I have changed over my Profile Preferences:Site Options to use a different content editor.. In this case I am using the TemplatedFTB Templated Free Text Box editor This gives me a new button that I can use to paste code..

public class CategoryList : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal head;

protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal header;

protected System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm Form1;

protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid data_gridCategories;

protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid data_gridVideoList;

protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal footer;

When I pasted this code it appears to have lost my tabs but lets see what it looks like when I click "Post"

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well in my last test with templatedFTB it appears that the paste button did lose some formatting when I took it from VS.Net directly and used the past C++ button on the menu bar.. Let me try two more options...

Here is code pasted from notepad that contains the tab characters and using the C++ code paste button.

[public class CategoryList : System.Web.UI.Page
{
]

Above looks pretty good when taken from Notepad and pasted into the RTF editor (we will have to see how it looks after the "post" though.

And here below I will manually put in the pre tags using the HTML editor

[

public class CategoryList : System.Web.UI.Page
	{

]

Let me post this and see the end result..

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I see the problem now.. The new Intel Headers use a style sheet called style.css which overriders the default style for the entire page.. I will continue to see how we can get the style.css file line 1 for the declaration of * {font-family:verdana,sans-serif;} disabled within the pages body content.. Give me a bit..
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't it up to the end user to add their own signature or not?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not a bug... HTML is strictly not allowed in the Subject and it can lead to XSS violations. We will not be making that change.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The pre and signatures are back to being close to normal. As we adjust the Intel.com headers and footers this kind of issue can easily crop up again but we will do our best to resolve and close on these items as fast as possible.

Cheers

0 Kudos