Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Home automation.

Akhil_R_
Beginner

I am trying to build a home automation system.Which development board is the best?

I am considering using Arduino Mega,Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black.Please give me suggestions.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dacson_L_
Beginner

Good evening!
I am Brazilian, so I ask you to disregard the lack of agreement, because I'm using Google Translate. Anyway, since I made a simple home automation project. And now I'm leaving for something more complicated. However, to date the best board I was found Arduino Mega by the data processing capacity and a larger number of available outputs. Anyway, I recommend.

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Although this isn't the right forum to ask this question as you have both Intel Galileo and Intel Edison forums for the same, the choice in the end depends on your convenience and a lot of other factors as well.

You may use either of the three for Home Automation. This however will give you a more clearer idea as to which board you would want to go forward with.

comparison.jpg

However, I would suggest you to give Intel Edison a try instead, if you have prior experience in working with Arduino.

0 Kudos
Sahan_K_
Beginner

better to use edison board as it is very good with users to handle

0 Kudos
Sahan_K_
Beginner

and here another suggestion i have used pir sensors in oder to detect thermal signal i think it will be useful for you

0 Kudos