Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How Do I Contact Customer Support To Change the Administrator for My Intel Fortran Compiler Academic Floating License

Alison_Marsden
Beginner

I recently (Jan. 2016) renewed my research labs floating license for the Intel Windows Fortran compiler suite.  I don't have access to generate my license key file since I'm not listed as an "administrator" on the serial number (it does appear in my "downloads" page when I log into the registration center).   So in summary, I can download compilers that I can't use because I can't generate a valid license key to install with my flexlm license server.  

This is pretty frustrating since I just paid $4000+ to renew my compiler licenses on Windows, Mac, and Linux for my research lab and I don't seem to have even an email address that I can actually contact anyone for support. I can generate the Mac and Linux keys because I'm an "admin" for those, but I can't for the Windows compilers  

Is it really true that the only way you can get support from Intel when you buy compiler licenses it to post to a public forum?   Can someone from Intel monitoring this forum please help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Alison,

I'm very sorry for the problems you encountered. I'll check your license status.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Alison,

As you already encountered, you don't have the right to manage the Intel® Parallel Studio Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* license as you are a registered user only, but not the license owner or administrator. The license owner can set up your email as license administrator so that you would have also the right to manage, but not to USE the license. 
I'll provide more info in a private message.

Regards,
Hubert.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos