Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

How are HTML5 files suppose to be uploaded in Intel XDK?

Lynn_C_
Beginner

I've tried looking for tutorials but there aren't really any. I don't know if the structure of my folders/files are correct and I don't want to start coding or editing anything until I know this is how the files are suppose to be set up. I have two projects uploaded into XDK: Test and HTML5.

Test-only contains the index.html. That's it, that's all it contains and yet I'm able to develop, simulate, debug, test, build, and publish. 

The HTML5-contains the particles folder which has the png's in there. It contains a folder with the files name.js, same_texture_0.node.js, and index.HTML. Then it contains the index.html, another one, on its own. Even with all of this, I'm only able to develop. I'm not able to simulate, debug, test, build, or publish. 

Which project is right; what is the set up suppose to look like? I've tried searching for images on how to upload projects and how they're suppose to look to the far left of the software, but can't find anything. 

thanks for those who can help. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lynn_C_
Beginner

I found the solution which was very simple. Just click on the index.html file and close it, and you'll see the particles, and all other files. 

0 Kudos
Arik_A_
Beginner

Another solution, U can use Frames tag in html5. Put your html5 file in one folder and then call via frame in your app page

0 Kudos
Mario_Cesar_B_
Beginner

My friend,

HTML files is not uploaded. They are compiled and encapsulated with cordova.

So, your project files and folders strutcture can be the same as a HTML site, with CSS, Images and JS folders and files.

You only must have an index.html file to avoid compiler to your start of your project.

You can read more about Cordova Tecnology , to understand the process.

For example, ionic technology uses AngularJs.

Hope this help.

0 Kudos
Ziv_G_Intel
Employee

good to know

0 Kudos