Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How device differentiate between 2 different applications

Amr_S_
Beginner

Hi 
I have built 2 applications with intel XDK with different names and splash screens but i didn't edited any other details 
but 
when i tried to download APKs on my mobile , the mobile considered the second application as an update to the first one 

so how could i make them different 2 applications ? what to edit in Intel XDK to make like that ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Eduardo_C_Intel
Employee

Amr, make sure you change the application package as well. If it is an Android device, android will use the application package to identify your application, if you have one with the same package it will try to re-install it. 

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

In build settings, under the platform that you are building for - change appName and appID. 

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

If you are building for the same platform more than once change the appID each time before you build. Appname can be same.

0 Kudos
Amr_S_
Beginner

Edu Carrara (Intel) wrote:

Amr, make sure you change the application package as well. If it is an Android device, android will use the application package to identify your application, if you have one with the same package it will try to re-install it. 

ok i will try that  , but where could i find that application package inside the XDK ? 

0 Kudos
Amr_S_
Beginner

Anusha M. (Intel) , Amrita C. (Intel)

I tried before to change the app name but it is also consider it as an update
but 
i'll try to change the appID 
Thanks a lot )

0 Kudos