Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How do I use Expansion Files?

One__EternaL
New Contributor I

How do I use Expansion Files for GPlay in Intel XDK? I'm a Construct 2 user, so I lack programming experience, but I don't mind editing the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file manually, if need be, if I can receive some instruction as to how.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm assuming what you are asking is how to create an app package that is larger than the 100MB Google store limit? A multi-part package? If that is your question, we do not have a way to address that scenario. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this with Cordova. Regardless, it is outside the scope of what our build system can provide.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm assuming what you are asking is how to create an app package that is larger than the 100MB Google store limit? A multi-part package? If that is your question, we do not have a way to address that scenario. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this with Cordova. Regardless, it is outside the scope of what our build system can provide.

0 Kudos
One__EternaL
New Contributor I

Can it be explained easily enough how I can do it myself, someone without coding experience? Such as what sort of edit I should make in the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file in order to let it know where to find files that should be in the 'www' folder, that are instead in the 'www' folder of this second APK? It sounds simple to me in concept, so I wonder if it can be explained easily enough.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sorry, but there's nothing you can put in the additions file to make it work. Our build system does not support what you are asking for, the additions file can only affect what the build system is capable of, it cannot force the build system to do something it cannot do. You need to use Cordova CLI on your local development system to do what you are doing, not our build system.

0 Kudos