Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How to list your cordova app built by Intel XDK in “open with…” menu in Android?

Joannes_P_
Beginner

I'm new here, this is my first topic about an issue, I need to know that my app appears on the open with list of android.

For example:

I tried with this https://github.com/napolitano/cordova-plugin-intent

but I had no idea how to edit AndroidManifest.xml using Intel XDK, I got no luck.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That FAQ contains all the information you need to know to create a dummy plugin. It includes pointers to the Cordova documentation. You can also search the forum for other references to creating such plugins to resolve similar problems. The precise details are a function of what you want to do and what the plugin author is telling you to do.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Joannes_P_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#android-manifest

Thanks for your reply, but also I have a question, is there a page how to create plugin as it mentioned to create a dummy plugin to modify AndroidManifest.xml?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That FAQ contains all the information you need to know to create a dummy plugin. It includes pointers to the Cordova documentation. You can also search the forum for other references to creating such plugins to resolve similar problems. The precise details are a function of what you want to do and what the plugin author is telling you to do.

0 Kudos
Joannes_P_
Beginner

I've read the documentation https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/hybrid/plugins/index.html isn't there a quick way to make a plugin which is used to modify AndroidManifest.xml without using Javascript Interface?

If I push a fake plugin to Github where it can get my git to install for plugin.xml in Intel XDK, would it work?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Joannes -- the FAQ contains an example of a "quick one." Just a single file named plugin.xml, just like what's shown in the FAQ. What you need to do is figure out what the specific plugin.xml directives need to be to make the modifications you need to make. The FAQ contains one such example, other plugins do similar things, and the Cordova docs include all the details regarding what can be done in the plugin.xml file. That FAQ example is a complete "quick one" plugin if you name the code fragment plugin.xml.

0 Kudos
Joannes_P_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Joannes -- the FAQ contains an example of a "quick one." Just a single file named plugin.xml, just like what's shown in the FAQ. What you need to do is figure out what the specific plugin.xml directives need to be to make the modifications you need to make. The FAQ contains one such example, other plugins do similar things, and the Cordova docs include all the details regarding what can be done in the plugin.xml file. That FAQ example is a complete "quick one" plugin if you name the code fragment plugin.xml.

Great, I will see what I can do with single plugin.xml

0 Kudos
Joannes_P_
Beginner

Paul F.

Your solution did not work, I've tried to build android app with my build.xml like 12 times and I installed it on my tablet, it wont appear my app on "Open with..." menu list. It's really tedious.

It worked, I didn't understand how it happened, I was surprised how it managed to add my app on "open with menu"

0 Kudos